BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

AC overriding my intersection group settings???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,
I'm creating interior finishes for a residential project, so I'm adding small details like floor baseboards. To do that, I'm simply using the wall tool on a specific "interior finishes" layer, that I set with a different intersection group number than the actual walls of the house. In theory, this should prevent AC to automatically create an intersection between the real walls and the baseboards. Instead, AC keeps on changing the intersection group of my "interior finishes" back to the standard "1".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Enrico
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Intersection Numbers are saved with the layer settings in your views. Changing to a new view in the View Map with a different Layer Set will change your intersection number.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to add that when changing the intersection priorities in the layer settings, you will have to click "Update" on the layer combination settings in order to be locked in with the combination. And this will have to be repeated for each combination.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you guys!

Enrico
Barry Kelly
ksymons19 wrote:
Just wanted to add that when changing the intersection priorities in the layer settings, you will have to click "Update" on the layer combination settings in order to be locked in with the combination. And this will have to be repeated for each combination.
Not any more with versions 12+.
In the layer dialogue just select the layer of concern and directly edit the values in any of the layer combinations.
Turn them on/off, lock/unlock, solid/wire frame and change the intersection priority on any or all of the layer combinations.
Saves you having to work on one layer combination at a time.

Then select another layer if necessary and repeat.

The old method of selecting the layer combination first, then setting the values in the individual lares and then pressing UPDATE still works but only allows you to work with one layer combination at a time - which is a pain when you want to add in a new layer or edit a layer in all combinations.
That's why the new method was brought in.

They both have their merrits.
One allows you to edit a single layer in all combinations and the other any layer of a particular combination.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!