Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

revision cloud object - *almost* perfect, need help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Attached is a revision object which I acquired from archicad.ca. It's great! But it's not quite perfect Could anyone help with adding the following?

- ability to create a p-line cloud... it will only do rectangles, and I'm working on a project with some complex and non-orthogonal geometry
- a true delta label (triangular)... the one in this object is rectangular
- the ability to keep said label/delta horizontal... maybe not an issue if the polyline cloud works, but currently if I rotate the cloud it rotates the label, which creates a lot of confusion.

I may just get the office to splurge on the revision manager, but given our projects are usually hybrid between AC/autocad, I don't think it's the best solution. The revision manager also seems to only add the deltas into layouts, which makes it hard for me to clearly mark up drawings for consultants in DWG format.

Hopefully these are simple fixes, I'm too new to GDL to be able to handle them myself.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an old object, obsolete. Opening the scripts, I can read "On works".
Check in the library below for "Cloud Revision Poly" object.
This one allows polygonal shapes from triangle to circle, and you can rotate the cloud.

Cheers,

Olivier
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like that you can rotate the cloud! but I also need the conventional Triangle for the text label, which this one doesn't seem to have I can probably use the rectangles that rotate in lieu of a polyline