Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bitmap fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to set a bitmap fill to a slab at any floor plan?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Select the Slab and check the Cover Fill checkbox in the Info Box or Settings Dialog. Then you can set the type, pen etc. of the Cover Fill.

Bitmap is a global setting and can be toggled (ON/OFF) by the View\On-Screen View Options\Vectorial Hatching menu item.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply Laszlo.

Hm, maybe i have wrongly formulated my question. I want, to set a .bmp or .jpg or .gif (or any other picture format) to be a cover fill of a slab (in 2d - on every floor plan).
Select the Slab and check the Cover Fill checkbox in the Info Box or Settings Dialog. Then you can set the type, pen etc. of the Cover Fill.
I did this, but after that, i can only set a specific color for my color fill, not an image.

I haven`t tried this:

Bitmap is a global setting and can be toggled (ON/OFF) by the View\On-Screen View Options\Vectorial Hatching menu item.
Is that the solution of the problem? After turning that option ON, will that result in opening some other settings, that will enable me to add an image as a slab cover fill?

Sorry for disturbance, i know this sounds wierd, but i don`t have my own PC, so i have to work at my friends one. That`s why i can`t test the directions you gave me right now.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I get it now.
Image Fills is how they are called.
In AC12 Image Fills can be assigned to a Fill Element.
In AC13 Image Fills can be assigned as Cover Fills to Slabs, Meshes, Roofs, Zones.
So what you are looking for is available in AC13 only.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, then the solution for me, is following (regarding to the fact that i have a Archicad 12):

After the creation of the slab, i need to make a new fill over it, and asign an image fill. Right?

I have done that, and when i enter to the fill settings dialog box, i set the "advanced settings" to "drafting fill". After that i can choose "Blue carpet, and Wood Parquet" from the drop box. But that`s it. There no other options to choose. How can i assign my own image file to the fill?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have to create a New Fill Type in the Fill Types Dialog and assign the desired image to it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate.