Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it possible in AC13?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi from lithuania!
i'm planning to buy AC 13, and have a question about this wall.
Is it possible to make it by ArchiCad13 and how?

please, help with this . now i'm using AC12
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it can be done using Solid Element Operations:

Create a Wall.
Then create a Profile in the Profile Manager. There create many many Fills that would represent the holes in the Wall.
Apply this new Profile to a new Wall that would only be as long as the width of the Wall. Draw this cutting Wall perpendicular to the original Wall.
Perform a Subtraction SEO with the Profiled Wall as Operator.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, thanks..
I know how to make profile wall, and I know only how to edit it only in a cut..
Maybe its possible to edit wall solid profile by wall front view? not only by a cut ? look at the attach file

Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, that is also possible, maybe even simpler than my suggestion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Then create a Profile in the Profile Manager. There create many many Fills that would represent the holes in the Wall.
Apply this new Profile to a new Wall that would only be as long as the width of the Wall. Draw this cutting Wall perpendicular to the original Wall.
Perform a Subtraction SEO with the Profiled Wall as Operator.
please, show me how to do it.. cant understand
step by step?

in my variation i cant intersect walls.

like this one pics..
Chazz
Enthusiast
vasare,

This is definitely possible to model (keeping the model editable, documentable and revisable in a meaningful way is another question) but with all due respect, your request for step-by-step instruction on what is a very advanced procedure is a little absurd, given that you do not even own the software yet.

My advice: get a license, build a few conventional structures and then try tackling something like this. As you can see, folks are very willing to help (present nattering company excepted) but it will be much easier for everyone once you gain some familiarity with the tool.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz, thanks for reply 😉 I use AC12 and trying to draw smth like that.. its not easy to desigh this wall. so I thougt that AC13 has easier way with wall desigh, but - no
Anonymous
Not applicable
vasare wrote:
Is it possible to make it by ArchiCad13 and how?
so I thougt that AC13 has easier way with wall desigh, but - no
Just to clarify, there is nothing in AC13 that will make this any easier to model than in AC12!
Chazz
Enthusiast
In my own practice, and aside from TW2-which I don't have much need for, there is functionally no difference between AC12 and AC13 (except 13 crashes more and gives you the patronizing and bogus "out of memory" error).

If you were looking for new modeling capability, to be able to achieve shapes that you simply could not practically create in 12, you will be disappointed (as I am). Where is this company and product going?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rrrrrr .. I think its time to think about another arch- design progrmm.