BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D textures in 3D documents

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo everybody,
I'm creating the project documentation for a town council and I'd like to create all elevations and sections using 3D documents. Is it possible to have these 3D documents to show all material and texture settings that we've already set up in the 3D model?

Thanks a lot!

Enrico
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Enrico,

I don't think you can apply textures in a 3d document view. Just vectorial fills.

But you could try creating one 3d rendered view and put a 3d document view with no background on top of it. Didn't try it... but it may work.

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier,

I think you are asking for a 3d lightworks rendering in an orthagonal elevation view, yes? The answer to that is absolutely yes. The lightworks rendering is where the textures will show up.

Open the 3D window (F3). Set your "3D projection settings" to "parallel projection", set to "Side View" and change the Azimuth for each elevation (90deg 180 deg, etc) + change the sun, as you like. In Navigator "View Map", go to the 3D folder and save current view. In this "Save View" window, go to "3D only" under "generate in" select "photorendering window". You can now place this view on your layout, it will be rendered per your Photorender Settings settings. Of course, set Photorender to "Lightworks Rendering Engine".

You should now have a perfect lighworks "elevation", shadows, transparent glass, reflections, etc. To prevent constant updates of these computer intensive elevations, set update type to "Manual".

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Thanks Snap, that was useful!
Learn and get certified!