Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation: How do you name?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just wondering how people name their interior elevations on a sheet. Do you have a separate drawing title for each? That could get long (ex: 101 - Powder Room, North) especially when each interior drawing may be really small. I run into problems with the interior elevation marker and having it actually link to a drawing on the sheet: we've been using only one drawing title for all the drawings and turning the rest off. Without going into the complex idiotic way we've done interiors, I'd just like to know how other people name/label their interiors and reference them to a sheet (especially when you have a room with more than 4 sides!). The interior elevation marker and I haven't always gotten along...
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
I don't use the interior elevation tool but in a project were I did ±500 interior elevations the scheme I used was InEl-Room Number - direction. For example InEl-B200-E would be the elevation facing east for Building B room 200.

As long as you don't have more than 8 sides to the room you might be ok, N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm doing 6 or so interior elevations for a residence. For every room I do, I have 4 elevations. It's really annoying having all these drawings on a sheet....

If I remember correctly, in the "old days" ArchiCAD would put all the interiors on one drawing, lining them up side by side. Now I get this mess...
interior.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is ridiculous....
marker.jpg
Eduardo Rolon
True about AC09 and earlier generating all interior elevations in one drawing, on the other hand, it did not update and you had to place them on a story.

To solve/minimize your problem you might create a Master Layout with Cells for each elevation. That was what I used for my 500+ InEl project.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steven wrote:
...That could get long (ex: 101 - Powder Room, North) especially when each interior drawing may be really small...
Steven:

For small rooms, I will abbreviate the title, so this would be Pwdr Rm N Elev. If you have the North Direction set correctly, you can have ArchiCAD add the cardinal direction automatically, so the titling is automatic.

Also, in your marker.jpg image, you can turn off the interior elevation number inside the marker, so only the sheet number is shown, with the elevation numbers only on the outside as you have them.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14