Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

open GL problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I have problem with open GL in 3d window, it's black! 😕
The 3d window in archicad goes black when i press F5. I can only see the objects when i move and rotate the screen. I can't model in 3d wondow. I've tried to change some open Gl settings but nothing happens.
Please help..
Thanks.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
To make sure it a graphical card problem you can set the checkbox "Ignore hardware acceleration in 3D" in View/3D window settings under the Open GL Options.
If the problem is solved, then it might be graphical, otherwise something else (System/ OS /ArchiCAD)
Anonymous
Not applicable
i've tried that also, it doesn't fiz the problem..
i've tried to reinstall the archicad, still same problem.. how can i check if the windows is causing the problem? i can't reinstall it now, i have lot of work for the school.. any more ideas?

thanks for the replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
come on guys... i know you know how to fix this
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If these driver changes and disabling OpenGL still do not help, you may have a problem with your graphics card that only a change to another graphics card can solve. The problem may even be hardware related but it is not possible to tell from such a distance. Someone would have to look at the machine.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh.. there has to be another solution to this.. i have only this problem with archicad, other application are running just fine and i do not have money for new graphic card.. i just need to remove that black screen in 3d window while not exploring the model.. when i rotate, drag in the screen, it doesn't have any problem or going slow, just when i stop moving, the 3d window goes black..
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I personally have no further ideas.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vistasp
Advisor
strale88 wrote:
when i rotate, drag in the screen, it doesn't have any problem or going slow, just when i stop moving, the 3d window goes black..
I used to have a problem like this with ghost lines sometimes cropping up when I stopped panning/rotating - this was a couple of years ago. Somewhere along the way I must have done a driver update because it hasn't happened of late.

At that time pressing F5 again (while in the 3D window) used to clear the lines and show the correct picture.

Also as Joeri says in another thread
...maybe you can start investigating your graphic card performance.
View > 3D View Mode > 3D Windows Settings > 3D Engine : turn off OpenGL and try Internal Engine...
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the replies.
i've done all possible updates of all my drivers installed..
and i also tried the Internal Engine in 3d. in the begining its running fine, but while i fill my project with more objects, its going slower and slower, and the 3d model isn't clear when i am exploring it..
i know the 3d window can be viewed with internal engine and opengl, but is there maybe some way i can use direct x to view my 3d? 😕

thanks..
vistasp
Advisor
Everything seems to be pointing to a graphics card problem. If it's still in warranty you might want to get it replaced.

Many motherboards have on-board graphics which may not be very good but would confirm if it's your graphics card that's at fault. Alternatively can you borrow a friend's graphics card for a few hours?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
andrewzarb
Booster
Which versions of ArchiCAD have you tried it with?
Does it do the same things on different versions of ArchiCAD?