Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trying to go 3D... need help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm drawing a simple balcony for a residence. As you can see on the balcony plan, I've used the slab tool to create the balcony decking and the balcony framing below. The framing is shown as a red dashed line (red is a light lineweight for us). This works great. My problem comes from the balcony elevation, the slab is also showing as a red line in the elevation as well. I cannot seem to change these in the slab settings, if I change the weight it changes in both drawings.

Is there a solution, besides developing different pen sets for plans, elevations, etc?

Also, for some reason the slab is not showing as dashed in the elevation. I don't want it to, but from the settings it seems like it should. Any ideas on this?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
the elevation
Anonymous
Not applicable
and the slab tool settings
setings.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I do not think that it is possible to display edges of construction elements with line types other then Solid. Only GDL can do that, this is why it is possible to draw a dashed Opening Line for a Door/Window for example.
But not for Construction Elements.
That line type setting applies only to the Floor Plan, I'm afraid.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, that's fine as I like it the way it is. What about the lineweight issue? Can I change them?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, you set a Pen for Outlines and that pen is used both on the Floor Plan and in Sections/Elevations. The line thickness comes from the Pen.
So that would be possible only with using a different Pen Set and saving an Elevation View using that Pen Set, as you said in your original post.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can have a separate pen set for s/e windows that will assign a heavier pen weight to whichever pen you are using for the balcony slab.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I guess different pen sets are the key here.

Thanks for the help.
Using 'Use uniform pen for cut elements' and 'Use uniform pen for uncut elements', in the Section/Elevation marker settings, would solve/prevent this type of problems. Is there a reason why you are not using it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio wrote:
Using 'Use uniform pen for cut elements' and 'Use uniform pen for uncut elements', in the Section/Elevation marker settings, would solve/prevent this type of problems. Is there a reason why you are not using it?
Um, yes. By clicking that option, it changes all the cut or uncut elements to a certain pen, am I correct? I do not want what is shown in the image below..................