Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 glitchy behaviour when copying n' pasting

fuzzytnth3
Booster
In ArchiCAD 13 I'm getting glitchy behaviour when copying n' pasting in either the 2d or 3d script windows.

What I've been finding is for example copying n' pasting a parameter name into a script will initially appear to display correctly but if you either close the window and open it again the script gets fried or if you click the Check Script button it will come up with errors but the script will look ok until you close the window and open it again.

It basically means I can't use copy and paste which is a real pain.

Anyone else getting this?

Below is an autoscripted object before it's been copied....

This is what it looks like after pasting, the first few lines have been vapourised but in a weird way where it picks up again but with the "P" from "Pen" lopped off!

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
7 REPLIES 7
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
In ArchiCAD 13 I'm getting glitchy behaviour when copying n' pasting in either the 2d or 3d script windows.Anyone else getting this?
Yes - I get problems just entering text normally into a script, e.g. spurious errors reported at random locations in the script. I've gone back to AC12 for all GDL editing at present - I find AC13 scripting unusable.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I reported this bug to GS - Australia yesterday.
Work around : if you use the edit menu paste or the paste icon in the tool bar this doesn't happen. Also if you create another shortcut it will not happen. It only happens when using control-V. I guess it must be system related.
Its also happening on both leopard and snow leopard.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
This sounds like a annoying glitch! Does it affect Macs only, or are PCs affected too?
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Peter wrote:
This sounds like a annoying glitch! Does it affect Macs only, or are PCs affected too?
It's a Mac only bug. We're experiencing this, too - there are GDL developers working on Mac in my team. AFAIK it is corrected now and the fix will be published with Hotfix 2 since Hotfix 1 is mainly for fixing protection bugs.

I'm sorry we didn't find it earier and you had an inconvenience...

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with Ralph Wessel, in version 13 GDL object creating is virually impossible. I also experienced spurious error messages and saving messes up my code. On top of that placing exclamation marks in front sections of code messes up the code as well. I use GDL coding a lot and regret upgrading to version 13. I had to go back to version 12 each time when I had to edit or code a new object.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Daniel wrote:
I had to go back to version 12 each time when I had to edit or code a new object.
Which unfortunately is not an option if you want to use the new features in ArchiCAD 13 (I have been trying to use the new LibraryGlobal functions).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which unfortunately is not an option if you want to use the new features in ArchiCAD 13 (I have been trying to use the new LibraryGlobal functions).
Have not tried out that feature yet. I am currently editing GDL in v13 and avoid copying and pasting, a bit of a pain but works, I don't get error messages on checking this way nor does it get muddled up as before.