Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

custom door panels come in too small

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, have you guys made any custom door panels yet in 13?
I did, and when i put it in my model they show up too small.
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Pasted from another thread:
The type of Custom Components you can save will depend on the loaded libraries.
For example, under Windows, the C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13 INT\ArchiCAD Library 13\Custom Object Macros 13 is the place that contains the subtypes defining the types of Custom Components that can be saved. This has to be loaded for them to appear as options - of course they do if you just simply load the ArchiCAD 13 Library.
So you need to load that library for the options to appear.
That is loaded.... Not sure what I'm doing wrong...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is this what you are doing?
See attached image.
SaveAsCustomDoorLeaf.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Is this what you are doing?
See attached image.
Yep. I tried Custom Door Panel and Custom Door Leaf.

So then to use this I would go pick a door like D1 Entrance 13 and pick the custom door panel then my custom door should show up in the pull down menu, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just opened a fresh plan file and it worked fine.... I guess it is a problem with the file I'm working in.... I may archive and reopen it to try to fix the problem...

thanks for your help
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad you finally managed to make it work.
Strange stuff though, I recall that others had this same problem with these Custom Component. Will let GS know about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes strange..
So I did notice in the fresh project that I only had the option of saving the slab as a "Custom Door Leaf" while in my original project I also had the option of "Custom Door Panel".
Anonymous
Not applicable
For what it is worth it seems to be working now. I archived the file and reopened it and now it seems to work...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Steve,
You need to open the cusom door panel part you created. In AC13 the default is that custom libaray parts will become embedded in the file.

File>Libraries & Objects> Open Object>Embedded Library> [the door you just created]

From the [the door you just created] window that opens, see my attached screenshots, click on theh Select Subtype and choose Custom Door Leaf.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erika Epstein
Booster
select subtype
Custom Door 2.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Steve,
You need to open the cusom door panel part you created. In AC13 the default is that custom libaray parts will become embedded in the file.

File>Libraries & Objects> Open Object>Embedded Library> [the door you just created]

From the [the door you just created] window that opens, see my attached screenshots, click on theh Select Subtype and choose Custom Door Leaf.
As it turned out it isn't that I didn't know how to make and use the door, I had a corrupted plan file... it is all fixed now

thanks