Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

LIBRARY

Anonymous
Not applicable
With AC13 GS have given us the ability to have a server based library for TW'd projects.

In an office environment is it possible for users to use the shared libraries on standalone projects? i.e. a combo of shared libraries and maybe dedicated ones for the project?
17 REPLIES 17
Karl Ottenstein
Yes. Server libraries can be used in solo projects. But, you do not need external project libraries any longer - as project parts can/should be embedded in the project file instead.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl- please excuse my old-school-thinking slip up!!

1 more - Can a user save a part into the shared library or is it a one way relationship only?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is not possible to save into a BIM Server Library located on the BIM Server.
You would have to save the object to the source library of the BIM Server Library.
So, e.g. you have ArchiCAD Library 13 in your local hard drive. This library was uploaded to the BIM Server. In the Manage BIM Server Libraries Dialog you can select any library and in the Source Path field you will see where the source library is. You can save into this library and then use the Refresh button of the Manage BIM Server Libraries Dialog to upload the changes to the BIM Server.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this is the last question - I assume saving as embedded part means other users get it straight away?
Also
If I save a part as embedded and then later realise I can use this part on other projects, can I save it out as a standalone part?
Karl Ottenstein
rwallis wrote:
I think this is the last question - I assume saving as embedded part means other users get it straight away?
As soon as they do a 'Receive'.
If I save a part as embedded and then later realise I can use this part on other projects, can I save it out as a standalone part?
Yes, you can save embedded parts out as individual files.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rwallis wrote:
Also
If you save a Library Part in the Embedded Library, it will became part of the Project file, but only your local copy.
You have to send your changes.
Then, after others Receive changes, the Library Parts will be available for them to.
In such a case it is a good idea to send an IM to everyone notifying them.

Concerning your other question:
Go to the Library Manager and select in the Embedded Library the Library Parts you want to save out. Then click the Export embedded subtree into local folder button. Specify a folder and all selected elements will be exported into it.
Please note that you can create subfolders within the Embedded Library so you can select one or more of these subfolders and library parts and export only those selected Library Parts.

As I see you got an answer from Karl as well. What a service.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great TEAMWORK (excuse the pun) - thanks for the advice! It will help our roll out go so much smoother. thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
You can save into this library and then use the Refresh button of the Manage BIM Server Libraries Dialog to upload the changes to the BIM Server.
Laszlo,

for some reason I can not get my BIM Server libraries to update. Oddly, the Uploaded date is 2009/10/22 and the Last updated date 2009/07/13. And if I try to select and update, it appears to do something for a few minutes and the Last updated date does not change and the textures I am trying to load in the updated library still show as missing.

I fear, that if I REMOVE and re-upload the entire library it might break links between several projects calling on it. I guess I will take a chance on doing that.

Update:

Seems like I can not delete it Nor can I uploaded it again as it says the library already exists. So, I can not seem to update, remove or relocate our office library.

Barry Kelly
Not that I know much about this but here are a couple of questions.
Is your library an LCF file or individal parts?
Are you by chance trying to save individual parts to and LCF file?
You will have to update the entire LCF file if that is the case.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11