Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom GDL objects for FREE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each month Master Script will make a customized ArchiCAD object completely free of charge! You can send in your request and each month one of them will be developed by Master Script.
The ArchiCAD object will be available on the website http://www.masterscript.nl and it will be posted on the Object-Depository of Archi-Talk.

Send your request via the contact form (http://www.masterscript.nl/9403/index.html). State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views.
Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
I am sort of doing that, but the problem is that the 2D drawing is inaccurate.
You are right... Now that I saw it more carefully, it seems it was vectorized from a hand/printed drawing.

So... May the force be with you.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Braza wrote:
/....
But, Why don't you use the "change size" tool?
/......
Not just a pretty face Paulo
Never too old to learn something new.
Obrigado
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome Rod.

Just to clarify... As Master Script said, the correct name of the tool is "Resize"... Forgive me for the bad translation, but I'm using the portuguese version and didn't recall the English equivalent.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So here is a preliminary version. There still a lot of thing to do, but I thought I would share it with you.

To do list:
2D symbol
Some materials
Short sizes (8 and 10 feet)
Corners
Doors
Detaillevel controls

But I am happy with the foundation.

I do have a question: How does the bottom construction look like in small sizes? Now I have some construction fixed instead of sizable, but that does not work for the short sizes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Master Script,

Great job so far.

About your question: Do you men that entrance part of the container where the floor is reinforced?... I would distribute the beams along the available length.

If you don't mind I could give you some help... After all, generosity is paid with generosity, isn't it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the offer back, but I would rather do it myself. GDL scripting -this size- is not quite suitable for teamwork and anyway I like to do it. Forcing myself through the though bits made me learn even more about GDL.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

With all complimets I would suggest that the objects posted here should have the codes 'open' and not hidden from other users.

Here most of the users are seeking for help or trying to give it to others and the hidden stuff is useless for any commentary.

The Object depository is another thing, the code locked container should be there for others to load and enjoy.

All that said, thanks for helping other users Master Script.

--
Regards, Juha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Juha,

I didn't think about that. I will update it with an open version. Thanks for your comments.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

To Master Script,

I understand you... GDL junkie!...

To Juha,

Your comments gave me an idea: Why not a "GDL Open Projects" sub section here on the forum?... Where people could vote on a new custom object and GDL enthusiasts could contribute in a team work environment...

Now that the main GS site upgrade is done its time for some forum and depository upgrade too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am almost done, but I have a question for Braza: Do you already work in AC12 or AC13? In case of the latter, I can program a libraryglobal, so you can set the detail level per view. That would be nice because the number of polygons can be high, and potentially can slow down a project.
It can be done in AC12, but preferably in AC13.