BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Internal Elevation Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm experiencing a strange problem with my internal elevation markers (Std ArchiCAD Object). When I try and stretch the boundary of the view, it moves in the opposite direction to what I try and stretch it...Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Cheers,

Simon
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
could you post a before stretch - after stretch screenshot?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Below is a before and after screen shot of the marker. I Have attempted to stretch the right hand side of the view area inwards (to the left) - and then it jumps in the opposite direction.

Before

After
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Which version?
I see you are using many versions.
I tried this with AC13 but worked fine for me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is in Version 12. I tried the same file on a different computer and it still didn't work. However the markers seem to work fine on other documents i am using in 12. Very strange.

On a similar note, I've noticed you can't cut and past internal elevation markers in 12. Do you know why or am I doing somethin wrong?
For instance, you can't copy and paste to different stories, or to other files for that matter.

Cheers,

Simon
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've worked out that if you mirror the internal elevation marker, it does what i've described about (moving in the opposite direction to what it is supposed to).

We regularly mirror houses and this is a big problem, any ideas on how to resolve this?

Cheers,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Wardy wrote:
This is in Version 12. I tried the same file on a different computer and it still didn't work. However the markers seem to work fine on other documents i am using in 12. Very strange.

On a similar note, I've noticed you can't cut and past internal elevation markers in 12. Do you know why or am I doing somethin wrong?
For instance, you can't copy and paste to different stories, or to other files for that matter.

Cheers,

Simon
Apparently the way Markers work is they store internally the Story they were placed on. So they have a Home Story. There are also options in their settings Dialogs to only display on their Home Story.
It looks like when you try to copy from one Story to another, it always copies it back to the same Story.
I don't know if this is a feature or a bug.

Copy-pasting between Project Files works fine for me, though.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Wardy wrote:
I've worked out that if you mirror the internal elevation marker, it does what i've described about (moving in the opposite direction to what it is supposed to).

We regularly mirror houses and this is a big problem, any ideas on how to resolve this?

Cheers,
That I could reproduce. It is a bug. I will let GS know about it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Wardy wrote:

Cheers,

Simon
Apparently the way Markers work is they store internally the Story they were placed on. So they have a Home Story. There are also options in their settings Dialogs to only display on their Home Story.
It looks like when you try to copy from one Story to another, it always copies it back to the same Story.
I don't know if this is a feature or a bug.

Copy-pasting between Project Files works fine for me, though.
I believe it's a bug as it functions differently to the way it did in 11. In AC 11 you could copy paste up and down storeys and the home storey would change as would the storeys it is seen on/Range.

Thanks!
Learn and get certified!