BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

LIBRARY

Anonymous
Not applicable
With AC13 GS have given us the ability to have a server based library for TW'd projects.

In an office environment is it possible for users to use the shared libraries on standalone projects? i.e. a combo of shared libraries and maybe dedicated ones for the project?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a folder of objects. Some have been edited to work better with AC13. They load fine to a solo project and the folder is loading into Teamwork projects, but it appears that it has stopped working that way and now I can not even remove it from the BIM server to re-upload it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just received an email from GS that suggests the refreshing of BIM Libraries is only possible if everyone in every shared project releases any reserved objects, which I would assume includes doors and and windows; so that means wall layers also need to be released. Only then can the libraries actually be refreshed?!?!?! This seems insane. If this really is necessary, then there should be a report of who has which objects on reservation and the BIM Manager should be able to temporally force control over these parts to do the refresh.

If this is the case, it is almost worse than the old days of making everyone sign out of a project for exclusive access because you would have to force out people in ALL projects on your BIM server. There is no way to tell which project is holding up the refresh.

If anyone else can confirm, test or otherwise corroborate this condition, I would appreciate it. Or suggest a work around that simplifies this.

I really hope this is not the case. Karl, if you are out there, this might become a good Poll for a change in protocol.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
...is only possible if everyone in every shared project releases any reserved objects for GDL script editing... I think you have missed this part which makes a fairly substantial difference
::rk
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Rob wrote:
...is only possible if everyone in every shared project releases any reserved objects for GDL script editing... I think you have missed this part which makes a fairly substantial difference
This is a problem I have with a Project.

A Library object has been "Reserved" but the User (me!) forgot to release the object before leaving the Project. Now I have an object that is "Reserved" but not Reserved by anyone in particular!

The Library is a folder containing a number of GDL objects which is then used by a number of Projects via the BIM Library Server but as one of the objects is Reserved we can't either Update or Remove the Library till I find a way to un-Reserve it!
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
AFAIK GS is fully aware of this problem and they are looking into it.
::rk
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Yea looks like the latest Hotfix has fixed the problem I just installed the update and it has sorted it out yea magic!
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Erika Epstein
Booster
What hotfix?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
What hotfix?
It's rolling out gradually by country...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!