Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom GDL objects for FREE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each month Master Script will make a customized ArchiCAD object completely free of charge! You can send in your request and each month one of them will be developed by Master Script.
The ArchiCAD object will be available on the website http://www.masterscript.nl and it will be posted on the Object-Depository of Archi-Talk.

Send your request via the contact form (http://www.masterscript.nl/9403/index.html). State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views.
Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have finished the object and made a special 13-version as well (I guess I am a GDL junkie )
You can download it here.

Any comments are welcome and I might even modify it a bit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Master Script,

I'm working with AC12 and sensitive detail level would be really handy.

Some remarks on your last version of the object:

1. I don't see any pen, fills and line type options for sections and floor cut plan... Is it possible?...
2. When you perform a x/y rotation, some 2d hotspots get hided.
3. The 2d projection line type doesn't respond to the parameter definitions.
4. It would be handy if you could put some 2d/3d graphical hotspots with the length dimension tie to the standard dimensions (using values)... and the width would automatically change with the smallest standard length.

If you could manage this items, the object would be simply perfect and a MUST in all GS official libraries!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks very nice Master Script. The only issue is the MVO for the 13 version are cut off on the Mac side.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Braza, will you inform GS?

I think I can implement your remarks.
Which MVO options would you like to be used for which object-option?
What do you mean by number 4? Do you mean that you use only the values x,y,z from the standard list that were on the image you have posted?

Michael: I will look into that.

To all: with this object (almost) finished I can select a new Custom GDL Object completely free of charge for next month. Send your request via the contact form. State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views. Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
Thanks Braza, will you inform GS?
Is that necessary? 😉
Master wrote:
Which MVO options would you like to be used for which object-option?
The option "box only" makes the object too much simple. I don't know how you built the profiled sheet, but I'd like to have the option to convert walls/doors profiled sheets to simple blocks (6 polygons) ... like a low polygon option for large scales.
This way the object would reduce considerably the poly count and the effect would be decent in large scales. It also would be good if you link the floor structure visibility only to small scales in the "scale sensitive" option.
So... In the end you'd have a single "Detail Level" parameter with the options "Scale Sensitive", "Draft" and "Final". Something like that.
Master wrote:
What do you mean by number 4? Do you mean that you use only the values x,y,z from the standard list that were on the image you have posted?
I saw you didn't use graphical hotspots to control the width and length of the object... Instead you used the A and B parameters, right?
I'd prefer to have 4 simple hotspots in the 8 vertices of the object and a single graphical hotspot (the one that you can move) to control the length of the object. A shipping container is only produced with standard dimensions as you can see in that table I posted before. So... The values for the length parameter should be: 8 feet, 10 feet, 20 feet, 30 feet, 40 feet. And the width would only automatically change to 2.17m with the 8 feet length. In the other options it would be 2.44m.

Edit: I said 8 polygons for a simple block and the correct number was 6 polygons.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Braza wrote:
... the object would be simply perfect and a MUST in all GS official libraries! 😄
Unfortunately, I'm the guy to bring the realities here:)

Everything new which is released in any standard AC Library is all designed, checked, tested, verified & maintained by GS. We don't have (or want to develop) processes for buying or licensing objects from independent developers.

On the other hand Master Script will have the marketing value of this object forever;)

I hope I didn't disappoint you with that...

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Zsolt... I have to do something on this thread... at least cheer up the troops. 😉

Disappointed?...Nah!... Have you seen my brand new free shipping container object?

By the number of downloads in a single day, and thread views, I'm pretty sure Master Script is doing a very effective marketing campaign.

I truly hope this campaign brings good profits for his business.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Braza, the way you are promoting my business, I do not think I could have picked a better first object than yours.

Zsolt: no problem, I think it is better that GS takes care of its own library, than there is more time for developing ArchiCAD. I do think though, that a little more stimulation for independent object developers would be good for ArchiCAD. You need to understand that objects and GDL are one of the most powerful assets of ArchiCAD. There are a lot of topics on this forum, demanding more action on the GDL front, like this one on Updating the Object Depository.
Maybe this might be a good idea: A reward for the best object uploaded to the Object depository each month (picked at random or by vote), it could fill up the depository rapidly. Or the possibility to become a registered object developer (I know you can become a registered API developer), would make it saver for ArchiCAD users to approach developers.

Well, I'd better go back to work, my best client is waiting
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Master wrote:
I think it is better that GS takes care of its own library...
I just wish they could do that much. I spend a lot of time fixing broken AC parts. For example, we've gone back to the AC11 casework objects because the AC12 ones are so buggy.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have updated the object in the depository.
changes:
-Overhead linetype
-editable hotspots
-Basic shapes detaillevel
-12-version: scale sensitivity