Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Favorites not importing/exporting correctly nor "sticki

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
We've had this problem since migrating to AC10 (a couple of months now), but I haven't read of any similar issues on this forum, so I'm posting to see if anyone has experienced the same:

I initially set up the Favorites within the template and export to a PRF file -- whenever I update any of the Favorites, I do the same. Certain Favorite settings do not transfer/stick: neither in files created from the template nor files into which the PRF is imported. Specifically, the Story Levels in Section settings within the S/E Markers, and the Title settings within the Drawing Tool. In both cases, the marker/title type is shown "MISSING", although in both cases the specified marker/title type is available from the menu. The only solution seems to be re-setting and re-saving the Favorites within each file, which is incredibly inconvenient.

Oh -- also -- a random Object is always substituted for the "MISSING" object, so sometimes we get a door for a Story Marker, sometimes a brick...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
16 REPLIES 16
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Erika wrote:
I'm thinking about starting a new wish for them to fix all the bugs in the library.
HA! I might as well wish for that too while I'm at it...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to transfer favorites from AC12 to AC13 - just took 13 out of box - anybody know easy way???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to your favorites.
Look for the little right pointing arrow at the top.
There's an option for saving.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i know this part - but when i loaded it on AC 13 everything was there but it was grayed out and not accessible - i figure the library make-up (GDL stuff I guess) of each object changed from 12 to 13 and may lead to this problem of transferring. but is there a way to do this so you don't have to re-create a whole list of favorites'? if not , there should be
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about that.
From your original post I did not get that.
I left 13 sitting in the box because of all the issues, so I can't help.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
david wrote:
i know this part - but when i loaded it on AC 13 everything was there but it was grayed out and not accessible - i figure the library make-up (GDL stuff I guess) of each object changed from 12 to 13 and may lead to this problem of transferring. but is there a way to do this so you don't have to re-create a whole list of favorites'? if not , there should be
I would guess that you need to load the ArchiCAD 12 Migration Library as all the library part favorites would refer to the old AC12 objects.

The Migration Library is found in the standard ArchiCAD 13 folder - just load it using the library manager.

I don't know much about bringing in standard element favorites from previous versions. Maybe post a screenshot of the favorites dialog box if you are still having problems.