BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to use the Level dimension and mesh tool ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I would like to add a mesh to a curved wall, that also has a contour. The attached screenshot shows the mesh ( grey ) and the place of which it needs to be placed in white.

I know that the level dimension tool should work, but I don't get why, when I place the dimensions on, they either stay at 0.00 or a height that doesn't relate to the object.

Thank You !
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Gravity feature must be turned ON in the Standard Toolbar and it needs to be set to "Gravitate to Mesh". Then the Level Dimension will dimension the surface of the Mesh.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
Nstocks, you already got an answer here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=158485#158485
Also, the Help file (use Help menu or right-click for context-sensitive help) is usually very good.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have. The level dimension didn't work, and I still can't get the technique Ralph Wessel showed to work... The mesh just will not snap to the object

The attached show what I've done...
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
It looks like you're trying to make the surface of the mesh meet the top of the wall, which has varying heights due to it's profile.

I suggest you add more points to the mesh outline boundary, and manually move them (using the editing palette option to change the Z-height of mesh points) in the 3D view to align with the wall. You can't snap to the profile precisely, but you can zoom in and get each point as close as necessary.
Learn and get certified!