Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom GDL objects for FREE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each month Master Script will make a customized ArchiCAD object completely free of charge! You can send in your request and each month one of them will be developed by Master Script.
The ArchiCAD object will be available on the website http://www.masterscript.nl and it will be posted on the Object-Depository of Archi-Talk.

Send your request via the contact form (http://www.masterscript.nl/9403/index.html). State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views.
Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Master Script
Thanks for the updated container object.
I downloaded it today.
Very nice indeed!

I like to throw in an idea for consideration in your next monthly object endeavor.

It's what I call a Dropped dormer.
AC has a dormer but was way way to inflexible on a project I just finished building beginning of this year.
I ended up modeling it from walls roof seo's etc.
The part of the wall which rises up to meet the roof has 4x6's in the outside corners and it is a vaulted ceiling inside.
Has short sections of gutters that drain back onto the main roof.
Corbel/knee braces would be nice touch if possible.
lec
Dropped dormer 09.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master Script,

Just checked again today, and the MVO options are working. ArchiCAD must have just needed a restart. Thanks again for the great object.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Master wrote:
Zsolt: no problem, I think it is better that GS takes care of its own library, than there is more time for developing ArchiCAD. I do think though, that a little more stimulation for independent object developers would be good for ArchiCAD. You need to understand that objects and GDL are one of the most powerful assets of ArchiCAD. There are a lot of topics on this forum, demanding more action on the GDL front, like this one on Updating the Object Depository.
Maybe this might be a good idea: A reward for the best object uploaded to the Object depository each month (picked at random or by vote), it could fill up the depository rapidly. Or the possibility to become a registered object developer (I know you can become a registered API developer), would make it saver for ArchiCAD users to approach developers.
I like your ideas a lot. Renewing Object Depository into something more social is one of my favorite topics. Unfortunately, I don't have the momentum to set up such a multidisciplinary project like that - yet. I will try harder next year.

One personal comment: hadn't I seen your Dutch home page, I'd be still sure you are one of my GS colleagues moonlighting undercover 🙂 You have too much insight 😉

Best regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Laura wrote:
Master wrote:
I think it is better that GS takes care of its own library...
I just wish they could do that much. I spend a lot of time fixing broken AC parts. For example, we've gone back to the AC11 casework objects because the AC12 ones are so buggy.
I'm always hoping we have a positive tendency in the quality of libraries. I'm sorry it isn't visible for all libraries and for all users... I really am. In case you haven't abandoned all hope yet, please report these annoying issues to GS, to me - on whatever forum. We try to fix all regression and highly annoying bugs in the next update after the processing of the report.

Casework objects - That particular name is familiar to me. Sorry. Could you please tell me what is stands for?

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback Zsolt. Its always good to have feedback from GS... Specially coming from a team leader at the front of the battle field!
ztaskai wrote:
... Renewing Object Depository into something more social is one of my favorite topics. ... I will try harder next year.
I have to confess that I'm very happy with this statement... Sometimes I feel I'm barking at the wrong tree. 😉
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
ztaskai wrote:
Casework objects - That particular name is familiar to me. Sorry. Could you please tell me what is stands for?
Casework = cabinetry as in kitchen cabinets. I reported multiple bugs during beta, so hopefully they were fixed for the AC13 Library. Unfortunately, we're still in AC12; however, according to Erika, there still appear to be numerous issues with AC13.

Sorry -- I realize this is off-topic -- I will report to you any additional problems I may run across.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Laura wrote:
however, according to Erika, there still appear to be numerous issues with AC13.
Like you've never found bugs in the 13 Library
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Erika wrote:
Like you've never found bugs in the 13 Library
(yes, but that was pre-release )
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
ztaskai wrote:
I'd be still sure you are one of my GS colleagues moonlighting undercover
Thanks Zsolt, I guess that is a compliment

I have started a new topic on the registering idea here. The discussion about the object depository here.

First of all I would like ArchiCAD users to send in their wishes for a new custom GDL object for free. Send your request via the contact form. State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views. Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Zsolt,
ztaskai wrote:
Everything new which is released in any standard AC Library is all designed, checked, tested, verified & maintained by GS.
Would be nice if all the subtype objects' features would be documented too

Thanks.

Regards, Juha