Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Editing Section Markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I edited the attached Section Marker & saved it, but the edited 2d symbol doesn't come across into the full view or the preview. Not sure what I did wrong and can't find anything here or on the wiki that is specific to this.

Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza: I tried your suggestion and the 2d symbol does show up but the rest of the attributes are no longer editable.
Karl Ottenstein
Once again, I cannot reproduce what you are saying Jeff.

This time, your zip file does indeed contain a section marker (last time was a detail marker).

It places on the floor plan and displays just fine for me. It appears identical to the NCS part marker though that you started out with. What do you see when you place it in plan? Or what it is that you are hoping to see?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how I edited it in the 2D symbol window.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jeff:

You cannot create a functioning Section Marker by drawing lines and arcs in the 2D Symbol window, you have to write GDL code. If you open the 2D Full View you will see the results of the code, which is typically done on the 2D Script window, but in this case is calling another library part (in this case "Sect-Elev Marker Macro USA") in the Master Script. If you "Comment out" the Master Script (by adding "!" before each line (so the code is not read)), then your drawn symbol will appear (albeit very small, as the circle is about 5/8" in diameter), but none of the text showing the drawing and layout references will work. So you can create a dumb Section Marker by drawing in the 2D Symbol Window, or you can write code for a functioning marker. As the referencing aspect is complicated, I recommend making a copy of a functioning symbol, then modifying the code to get the 2D appearance that you are trying to achieve.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14