BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Having a problem with roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a little new in this program but i am really happy to see that i am getting used to it. the problem i am having is how to bend a roof under a specific shape. Please can some one explain it to me i have put attached file showing my problem

building22.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
And, since you asked:

The demonstration view is an Archicad OpenGL view screen captures with the red arrows added in Photoshop.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
nedostizni wrote:
If you want a flat roof, simply, make a slab, and then click on one of it`s border points. This will open a new dialog box on your floor plan. The first option from the left, enables you to edit the shape of your slab (linearly), the second one from the left, enables you to make a curved shape, wich is the thing you might also need, related to the fact that i saw the curved shape on your sketch.
can some one post a screen shot of this option i really think that this is something new for me but i cant find out how to get it on ... looking forward for your answer
Dwight
Newcomer
Until you figure it out, try reading this:

USA reference guide: 233 "Pet Palettes"
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
AND: upon closer examination, I am wrong yet again.

The straight plane is close, but no cigar.

The only real way to do this is to figure the topology closely as separate planes, but the cross-measured elevations of the walls won't yield a rational structure.

Or, you could cheat the plane with a little skirt to match up to the wall top.....
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!