Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

30 day professional trial AC 13

Michael
Contributor
Thinking we might hit the ground running, downloaded the 30 day trial, professional version for AC 13, basically to explore the latest features of BIM Server and BIM Manager, and tw2. Ah, but to no avail, it seems.

Thus the questions:
Is the 30 day intent of the GS courtesy to explore other non teamwork AC 13 features ?
If so, (to explore non BIM features) it seems counter intuitive to BIM teamwork sharing, yes ?

We were hoping to use in an upcoming event to demonstrate the BIM enhanced capabilities of AC, thus help build its apparent diminishing market shares to revit and bentley and the like.
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the trial version is intended for exploration of all features of the version, including TW2.
You don't have to build a huge project in AC13 to be able to demonsrate its features and speed.
Also, if you want to demonstrate its use on large projects, you can just migrate a AC12 Project to AC13 and share it as a TW2 project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Michael
Contributor
I think the trial version is intended for exploration of all features of the version, including TW2
This appears to be true only if you do not have another AC program onboard.
see screen shot.
Mac OSX 10.10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Michael,

You appear to be using ArchiCAD in 'Demo' mode. I believe this has reduced capabilities than when it's in 'Trial' mode. Did you enter in some kind of serial number to activate the trial?

It is also worth checking if the presence of your existing dongle is making it misbehave. Have you tried unplugging it and restarting AC13?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi !

could you please confirm that the trial version of 13 does not have the tw2 enabled, please ! (is it the same for the edu version) ?

Is the bimserver be included ?
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Michael
Contributor
The reseller suggest that tw2 and bimserver are not available for the "professional" trial version.

The support GS personnel, in California, suggest the tw2 and bimserver apps are available for the student versions, however I would go to myarchicad.com and send to email at the bottom of the trial form to confirm this. On a good day they are responsive, other days not so much.........

since most of the enhancements are related to the tw2 and bimserver the 30 day trial is of little utility to the design professional with key already installed on ac12.
Mac OSX 10.10
TMA_80
Enthusiast
thanks Michael for confirming that...

i've been to myarchicad; and yes, in the student version has the bim server included...not the professional one.

The french version however, even for students & teachers, does not include the bimserver (at least, it's not listed in the additionnal download products) ?! i'll try to contact GS...
since most of the enhancements are related to the tw2 and bimserver the 30 day trial is of little utility to the design professional with key already installed on ac12
yep, seems really strange...

thanks again Michael.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|