Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do you get rid of MISSING LIBs?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been working on this one project which I believe I started in AC12 - I am now in AC13. Anyhow, I keep getting this dialog bellow about missing libraries. Is there a way to fix that?

What does it mean? I am a Revit convert so I have never dealt with Libraries, please help me.

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo
Now I get it.
Kinda thought maybe lcf would be a hassle for me
with such a small amount of library stuff that I have.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I think I'll leave it as it is.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
guys, what about this one here...

When I originally opened it, it said that the AC12 library was missing. So I removed it and I added the AC13 lib. Then this came up. There are not doors in this small file.
Eduardo Rolon
In addition to the AC13 Library you need to also add the AC 12 Migration Library in the library manager.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is because and only because this file was started in AC12 correct? Otherwise I do not need to have it loaded?

One more Q. If lets say I have a Library names "XYZ" loaded into a new project, however I do not use any of the object in it. Will I need to have the library in another computer or for instance AC14 for the file to not generate any "errors"

What happens if I USE an object from XYZ, is there a way a to embed them into the project so that I do not need the then entire library in the future is I move the project somewhere else?

This is something that because of my lack of effort in understanding in the past has really biased me toward the competitors software in this regard. In there I do not have keep track of library as the "families" are embedded into the project.
Eduardo Rolon
Some objects, like windows and doors, are version specific and that is why the migration libraries exist in the new releases.

In AC13 any new object you create can be embedded into the file.

The correct procedure at the end of a project (I do it also at the end of a major phase) is to save the project as an Archive (.PLA) this will embed only the objects used in that particular project.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
😉 thank you