Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls don't show in section when I turn layer on

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working in an AC13 teamwork project. I go to one of my sections (this also happens in elevations) and I turn on the layer that the walls are on. Nothing happens, they do not show. I have to right click and say "Rebuild."

We still draw elevations/sections with lines (shhh!) and when I go to turn on all the layers (roof, walls, slabs, etc.) I open the layer settings and turn on the specific layers, then click ok. This does nothing, and as I said, I have to click rebuild for everything to actually show.

1. Is this normal?

2. If not, what's going on?

Thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is definitly special case.
You shoul check first section edit.
Check the horizontal rate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The vertical/horizontal limits are fine, all the settings are normal. When I "rebuild" everything shows. Seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Maybe the gnomes that live inside computers running them are napping...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Either the section is set to Manual Rebuild or you have turn on the option 'Update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously' in Options/Project Preferences/miscellaneous.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's set to auto rebuild model, and the other option is on!

I've had a problem similar to this before, where I go to the perspective view, and nothing is there, or only some of the elements are showing, even though all the layers are on. Sometimes I have to close and restart ArchiCAD when that happens.

I would think this is a bug.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
you have turn on the option 'Update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously' in Options/Project Preferences/miscellaneous.
I do not have that option there. I have to go to work environment/more options to find the "update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
Maybe the gnomes that live inside computers running them are napping...
We have hamsters on wheels in ours, maybe we should upgrade to muscle-bound squirrels?
Steven wrote:
Master wrote:
you have turn on the option 'Update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously' in Options/Project Preferences/miscellaneous.
I do not have that option there. I have to go to work environment/more options to find the "update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously"
That option is in Options > Project Preferences > Miscellaneous (at least in AC11)
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my menu in AC13. Looks like the location changed. Or my menus are screwy!
options.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries, GS changed the position of these options, I think they had there reasons. But is the option on or off?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The option is on, as is the auto-rebuild.