BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to create water ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to make some kind of a fountain. How can i do that?

I did a little bit of a search, but all i have found was this topic wich ends, with the conclusion to buy a book and find out, how to make a water. Or this topic wich ends with some Rock tool, and does not explains, how to make a water.
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
However, to do the easy thing would be to ignore a LightWorks fundamental: Eroded transparency, allowing some clear views through the surface and some reflections, emulating waves.

See this setting:
enough, already, this got solved in 2005.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip Kliment. Can you tell me how can i do that in Lightworks engine, as i found it the best. I have duplicated the Glass blue for example, and then in the Trancparency category, there are so many options (None, Eroded, Plain, Plain Coveraged). At wich of these options i need to set the trancaprency 80-90% ?

Also i can`t seem to find that "bump". Where is it? I have found some "Bump Mapping" check box at the Alpha channel option, but thats in Internal engine, and i want to work with Lightworks.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for disturbance, i an only a Archicad begginer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the late reply, nedostizni!
Open the LW rendering engine, in the settings choose "Displacement", then "Rough". Yhe othe r settings are quite simple - some reflectance and some transparency.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if LW is a good choice for the rendering of a final project .
Do you use LW for the basic text of a certain texture ?
I'm not good at LW , however , I found Artlantis is easy to handle.
I'm confused of whether LW can provide a good&realistic redering for a scheme.
Learn and get certified!