Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How well can ArchiCAD deal with these shapes ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm currently looking for inspiration for my next project at University. I've just purchased " Strike a Pose' book and ' Space Craft 2 '

The attachment shows the type of shape and form I want to design, but I have no idea if/how ArchiCAD has ' free form ' tools to allow me to do this in 3D. I know that you would probably create a wall first, so that you have a base to work from, but I'm not sure how to create such shapes.

I've posted a few threads like this because I find it easier to learn what I need to know rather than just looking at tutorials that I don't need... Plus this style isn't well-known to my knowledge i.e I didn't find any help on this on the internet.

Thank You for your help.
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
Those decorative panels would be made with the complex profile.

complexify

Once you've made the profile, the panel is extruded as a wall, perpendicular to the facade.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Those decorative panels would be made with the complex profile.

complexify

Once you've made the profile, the panel is extruded as a wall, perpendicular to the facade.
Great ! Thank you. How long did it take you to make that if you don't mind me asking ?

Nathan
Dwight
Newcomer
Mere seconds.

But then I read the manuals to learn things I didn't know that i would need and then experimented and practiced like a good student would.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Mere seconds.

But then I read the manuals to learn things I didn't know that i would need and then experimented and practiced like a good student would.
A good student would 'follow' what others student do, and therefor get help from the Uni. I don't like AutoCAD and so that'w why I don't get hands-on help like everyone else... I also have to work as well as other things, again most students don't so I have limited time really.

Thanks for your help.
Dwight
Newcomer
I am certain that there are many justifications for a bad attitude.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
I am certain that there are many justifications for a bad attitude.
Everyone has their entitlement to an opinion.
Arcadia
Booster
Come on Dwight - 'bad attitude'??? Give the guy a break. This forum is for asking questions. If you don't like someone's 'attitude' or questions don't respond.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Arcadia wrote:
Come on Dwight - 'bad attitude'??? Give the guy a break. This forum is for asking questions. If you don't like someone's 'attitude' or questions don't respond.
Thank you for your support. Everyone has a different way of learning; some prefer to read each page of the manual whilst others tend to learn along the way i.e each new project will require different tools and you pick up on them when you need to...

I've watched most of the ArchiCAD tutorials and I'm still learning as it's a complex application. I'm a new Uni student, I have more than ArchiCAD to learn but it's all fun !
Dwight
Newcomer
And, even tho the guy has a bad attitude, he still needs the help.
Dwight Atkinson