BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Spell Checker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am curious what "drawings" spell checker looks at. If I turn on and unlock all layers, will spell checker look at all of my plan, section/elevation, and detail views? Whats the best way to check all of the spelling in a drawing set and be assured that all words have been checked. I have searched the archives, read what comes up in the help menu and ran a few tests but am still a bit baffled. Thanks for any insight.
16 REPLIES 16
TomWaltz
Participant
Joseph wrote:
Link wrote:
I can label every USEE and usee in my project and have the spell checker correct them all.

Cheers,
Link.

I always use CAPS LOCK for typing any text or label.
To my disbelief, the Labels do not get corrected when in upper case (in plan, did not check in detail windows), this is a BIG BUG.
Could someone check this if it is so?
Thanks,
Joseph
My spell check used to work.... I'm not sure when it died, but it has worked in AC9 at some point.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Are you sure you haven't accidentally added the word USEE to your dictionary? It may be worth testing (on a separate concurrent version of AC) by removing your current dictionary in the Spell Checker Cheers,
Link.

Looks like I have added USEE accidently, I am on Mac where is this spell Checker file so I can replace it with an untouched one from another machine?
Thanks,
Joseph
genarch
Enthusiast
Using AC 11 1033 USA Full, and the SYSTEM spell checker (Word services failed to work), the spell checker ignores capitalized words! We tend to type in all caps, which renders the spell checker absolutely worthless!!!

For what it's worth, we were unable to get Word services to work in AC 10, either. Following this link (http://tr.graphisoftus.com/faq_entry_details.asp?id=858) will show you how to use the SYSTEM spell check library.
Mac OSX 13.6.5

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello genarch,
I want to thank you for the link you posted
about getting the system spell checker to
work in the Mac version of Archicad.
Finally, after all these years I have
a working spell checker in Archicad.
Thank you !!
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope somebody is still following this Topic. I am in AC 13 and tried the advice to set spell checker to system but "system" was no longer an option to add. So my question is, has anyone figured out how to make the AC 13 spell check work for words in all caps; because I'm tired of having to copy and past everything into google.

P.S To Graphisoft

It's the 13th release of an architectural drafting program, you haven't figured out that architects write notes in all caps on drawings, and provided a spell check that works. Are you honestly trying to compete, or have you given up and are just collecting our checks?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence, this may not be any help to you, but if you have MS Word installed correctly on your machine ArchiCAD will recognise and correct capitilised spelling errors only if you adjust the settings of the spell checker in Word.

See the attached Options screen for Word 2007. This is to be found in the big 'Office' button in the top left of the window - look underneath the recent documents list.

Also, I believe the 'system' spelling feature may be on Macs only. Your profile says PC.

Hope that helps.
word_spelling1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS PETER.
I HAD THE CAPS SPELL CHECKER OFFF.
MUST BE A DEFAULT THING:-)))
LEC
Learn and get certified!