Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Which method would you use to create this ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm starting to build ' proper' structure as part of my Architecture course, though they are still quite small ( 30 metre squared ). I quite like the design of the attached image ( courtsey of a book called ' Big Ideas small buildings') and would like to design something similar. I'm new to ArchiCAD and I have no idea how to create this type of building. I know that you can use walls to quite obviously create walls, but this would give you straight walls and I need non-square walls.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, but I've previously posted a similar thread on how to draw something and it have proven to be extremley useful, and I can employ some of the tools I use in that project to this one.

Thank You
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi 'N',

Use normal walls for the side walls. Put an angled curtain wall at the front. In the 'Design'>'Modify Curtainwall' menu you can connect the two walls either side which will make them automatically slope with the CW. An alternative to this would be to place a normal sloped wall inbetween the two side walls and place standard windows into it. You may have to do this with the rear wall anyway if it's solid.

Use a sloped roof for the roof and either use the trim-to-roof function, or SEO to trim the top of the walls away.

That should get you started!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Hi 'N',

Use normal walls for the side walls. Put an angled curtain wall at the front. In the 'Design'>'Modify Curtainwall' menu you can connect the two walls either side which will make them automatically slope with the CW. An alternative to this would be to place a normal sloped wall inbetween the two side walls and place standard windows into it. You may have to do this with the rear wall anyway if it's solid.

Use a sloped roof for the roof and either use the trim-to-roof function, or SEO to trim the top of the walls away.

That should get you started!
Hi Peter,

As you know, the walls will automatically be straight, where as the image shows the bottom part of the wall with various angles. How would i do this in 3D view ?

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use a sloped roof (or several roofs) positioned in the right place beneath the wall, then use SEO with downwards extrusion to trim the lower part of the wall away. Keep the roof in position, and put in on a hidden layer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
or just delete the roof after.

ooops, sorry, delete the roof if you are using the trim to roof method.
Anonymous
Not applicable
why not just use a Complex profile for the wall rather than all the roofs?