Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Net-texture

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to archicad and want to hang a net over the fassade of a building so you can climb up. What would be the best option to create such a net? I tried it with the fassade-tool but there's no texture that fits and it looks quite bulky anyway... or are there objects like that to download somewhere?

Thanks ahead!

rob
13 REPLIES 13
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
spawnferkel wrote:
I'm new to archicad and want to hang a net over the fassade of a building so you can climb up. What would be the best option to create such a net? I tried it with the fassade-tool but there's no texture that fits and it looks quite bulky anyway... or are there objects like that to download somewhere?

Thanks ahead!

rob
Hi,
I would draw the arc in plan-view with polyline, create a circular complex profile to be used with the wall tool and the just magic wand the line. Multiply the rope part, show all rope parts in 3D and save as an object.
I'm outta time and can't explain further. Ist's done in a few minutes. Hope someone can chip in.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Dwight
Newcomer
For renderings:

Apply a net-like image as a material to a curvy-durvy wall.
net.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
net texture
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys thank you very much for your help! Can someone perhaps just give me the three most important steps in creating the wall. I know how to attach the texture but don't know how to create the wall structure at first. I know tried it with the wall tool polygonal I think... the prob is that the spaces between the web should be seethrough because there's a wood structure that you should see behind.
Karl Ottenstein
spawnferkel wrote:
Hey guys thank you very much for your help! Can someone perhaps just give me the three most important steps in creating the wall. I know how to attach the texture but don't know how to create the wall structure at first. I know tried it with the wall tool polygonal I think... the prob is that the spaces between the web should be seethrough because there's a wood structure that you should see behind.
Dwight showed you how in his screenshot: a complex-profiled wall. He shows you the profile that he created for the wall in his illustration.

The spaces between are see-through via alpha channel.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok yeah I got it so far. I enabled transparency in the alpha channel setting but the spaces inbetween are still not translucent ..
netzprob.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think alpha channel transparency is only available in rendered views, not OpenGL.

Edit: and I'm backed up HERE.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I'm still stuck. I've got a the net structure to my wall but when I render it in OPENGL the whole wall disappears (probably because of the stettings in alpha filter)
Dwight
Newcomer
How to model netting:

1: With the complex profile tool, build a rope ladder to the right height.

2: draw one wall as a single rope ladder. [perpendicular to the net face]

3: multiply the individual ladders until they form the net.
rope ladder.jpg
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!