Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transparent section fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know a way to get a cut object to have a transparent (or translucent) fill? I'm trying to get a mesh in a 3d document to show as partly transparent, but it seems to default to white despite my best efforts. I assigned a transparent material to the mesh, and set the fill to Background, with a 0 pen, but no luck. Thanks.

Picture 30.png
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could set the mesh's layer to wireframe.
Anonymous
Not applicable
if I do that, the mesh doesn't cut at all, so then my ground line disappears.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
nick:

You could change the mesh from Solid Body to Superficies or With Skirt, which just leaves the top plane, but this may create another unwanted result elsewhere.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
nick wrote:
Anyone know a way to get a cut object to have a transparent (or translucent) fill? I'm trying to get a mesh in a 3d document to show as partly transparent, but it seems to default to white despite my best efforts. I assigned a transparent material to the mesh, and set the fill to Background, with a 0 pen, but no luck. Thanks.
I think the 3D Document Settings simply do not do what you want.
If you set the Cut Fill Background Pen to Transparent then there will be no background fill color. But it does not change how the 3D Document bodies and lines were generated from the 3D Model.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Brett Brown
Advocate
What's the reasoning around not being able to have a transparent cut fill in a composite?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,