BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Architectronica: Architects Information Manager????

Dwight
Newcomer
Does anyone here use Architectronica?
Comments?
Dwight Atkinson
10 REPLIES 10
Chazz
Enthusiast
Yuck.

Dwight, you know what I say: manage it in BaseCamp It rocks!

(sidenote, I love BaseCamp and have used it since its inception in 2004 but our paranoid authoritarian IT department has said they will shut down all our basecamp accounts when they roll out the dreaded Microsoft Sharepoint early next year.)

I would be very hesitant to get involved with a project management tool like Architectonic when it is: 1) based on Filemaker and 2) has a website from 1998. In fact, I have really come to believe that if something purporting to be PM software needs to be installed on your computer (rather than as a web service) it is already wrong. Project management IS team collaboration and is therefore antithetical to the idea of standalone installed software. A snare and a delusion, as my mom used to say.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Dwight
Newcomer
I see how strongly you feel about this.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight I am definitely with chazz on this one. However what you choose really depends on what you want to achieve PM and collaboration-wise. Basecamp is collaboration/communication focussed which is perfect for me - to the extent that I cannot imagine starting the day without it.
I know others who swear by ArchiOffice, but that has a different focus (similar to your Architectronica).
At the risk of being banned for shameless plugs I did a blog post on this subject 10 project management solutions for architects (or anyone) on Mac OS X
The last 5 options there are web based so can be used on any platform
Chazz
Enthusiast
dwight, please don't leave me hanging here and prune back my multiple posts. Two would capture my feelings on the subject.

Amonle, your blog post was great. Thanks for plugging. Always nice to meet a fellow 'Camper (and a Basian at that, lovely place)
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Likewise, and thanks
Dwight
Newcomer
Now i know: thanks.
Dwight Atkinson
jshuether
Enthusiast
Yes. My office only uses the documents, contacts, time card & billing modules (although we are licensing many of the other features). It is very easy to use. I love it, although I've never used any of the other applications mentioned in the post. You never lose a document with AIM.

Scott
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Basecamp is great, this looks interesting to http://www.teameffect.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am amazed by the number of quality web apps out there.
Learn and get certified!