Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Newbie to ArchiCad for Mac - Going Crazy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been using Auto Cad forever from some of the earliest versions. Now trying to learn ArchiCad and after two days of not even being able to draw my simple house layout with Dimensions, I am going crazy...

Is there any kind of "Getting Started" write up that can help a really newbie get started?

Thank You
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
You can download the training guides from the Graphisoft website.

http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick response. I am looking at that now... I can't believe I have spent the last two hours trying to trim a wall that is too long! I know.. I should delete it and then draw the correct length... but then I won't learn!

Thanks again!
Barry Kelly
The manual is OK and the tutorials are a little better but nothing beats having someone else show you what to do.
If you can get hold of someone who already knows Archicad and get some pointers.
Even if it means paying someone for training it is well worth it.

Your trimming wall problem for example.
An Archicad user could show you at least 4 different ways in about 2 minutes rather than 2 hours.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
No doubt! <smile> That is how I learned AutoCad. I used to be with Flour-Daniel (Construction Manager) and we had to shut all our projects once and I spent three months in our drafting department during that time learning all the good stuff!

I'll get there, I'm sure... but it's going to be slow... Goodness.. I am downloading two of the manuals at 800 MB plus each!

Thank you for your input!

Cheers!

The Oowf