BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Custom Window And Door Schedule..?? Is It Possible...???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there.. Ive spent the whole day trying to find somewhere on the forum where someone has been wanting to do this... I have not found anything..

I hope any of u guys will help me...

Im using Archicad v12 and Im trying to make my own custom window/door shedule...Ive attached an image of Exactly what I want to do...

It needs to work as the default archicad generated schedule... fully interactive but with my custom "layout, text, etc.." .. ( Obviously The Right Hand Colomn Continues/Added For Other Windows/Doors )

Can This Be Done...??.. And How...???

Id Appreciate Any Assistance...

Regards
Ramsey
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ramzantines
perhaps it is possible to do in elements list. I have similar task and spend few day to design a layout in own way. It quite difficult, can't to found any information how to do.
You can read from Help Calculation Guide
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sigitas

Thanks for your reply...!!!

I have tried doing it on the element list but I cant seem to be able to edit it...

I will try it again and see if I can work out a solution to this problem..!!

Im amazed that no moderater has commented on this topic.. I hope they are quite because they are trying to find a solution aswell..!!!

Regards
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Participation in these discussions is voluntary, not mandatory, not even for moderators.

The Interactive Schedule cannot do schedules of such complexity. It generates basically a tabular kind of list.
The earlier Listing solution could do this but you would have to script a custom Graphic Template for it. A lot of work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Also, the Graphic List Schemes, even though capable of producing a report such as you show, are static reports - and you wanted it to be interactive.

An interactive schedule can show "Records by Column" - and then with custom fields, can fill in most of the data you show. But, it cannot show the info in the top left corner, nor the yellow subheading, etc.

So, I guess the answer is "no it is not possible". The best you can do is a "by column" schedule that shows the data you want, even if the format is not identical. I also do not believe that improvements in this area are on Graphisoft's radar - more pressing fish to fry.

Except for the graphic symbol, any schedule can be exported to CSV/Excel (and a Publisher set can export multiple schedules) and you can reformat externally as desired - for example, in database program with report-writing abilities such as Access or Filemaker - and then save a PDF of the schedule from there to be placed in your layouts.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think such a report can be made with a graphic, but it is extremely time-consuming. I did it once, but not again. The list-technology is powerfull, yet poorly documented and outdated, and it is trial and error.

The way I did was with property-objects, in which GDL drew every line, text and dimensions.

Sometimes it is better to revise your ideas and choose a different approach to get your data on print. The schedule in AC13 can get close to what you want.
KeesW
Advocate
Users have been complaing about the schedules for as long as I've been on this list (10 years) but Graphisoft have not taken any notice. If you want a really good door and window schedule, take a look at Cadimage Door and Window Builder. Produces what architects need, and is reasonably customisable for content.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!