BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D viewing problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

We are currently experiencing a big problem when viewing our model in 3D- we can only see some of our project.
I have attached 2 images, one is of the existing site for our project (on the left), and this appears fine in 3D mode.
The 2nd one is a proposed view of our site (on the right). It should look exactly the same, but with an extra building on the back- however as you can see the vast majority is missing.
Everything is fine on plan, section and elevation- just not in 3D.
The only thing that differs between the existing and proposed is that the proposed has a hot-linked building placed in it. The .pln of this hot-linked building also has this viewing problem, so I'm assuming this is why the other .pln now also has it.

We have fiddled with numerous settings and nothing seems to work.
This is causing serious difficulties as you can imagine so your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Emily

AC v 10, OS Mac
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
check your layer combination !
Mybe some of your layers go off in 3d ! (this is common reason for your problems)

Do u see everything when u make section ?

Select on plan what you want in 3d, with marquee tool and then go to 3d
If you still cant see it, then select one object, go to 3d and u should see only that object and then select Show all in 3d.

But first off all CheCk your Layer Cobination !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

the layer settings are definitely not the problem. We have played around with them many times- even selecting to 'show all layers' with still no luck.
Erika Epstein
Booster
What about your Layer Intersection Group Number? In the layer settings box if for example your existing to be demo'd walls and new walls have the same priority number, even if one is set not to show if they inhabit the same space they will compete and show/not show simultaneously.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you not filtering your 3D? It looks to me you only viewing your walls. Check View/Elements in your 3D view/Filter elements in 3D.

Otherwise: do you get any error reports? like cut errors or so?
Learn and get certified!