Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Google Earth Connection for ArchiCAD 13 available

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

Google Earth Connection for ArchiCAD 13 is available for the 32-bit Windows version of ArchiCAD 13. 64-bit and Mac versions are not available due to lack of Google API tools necessary to develop these functionalities.
Google Earth Connections for ArchiCAD 13 replaces the “SketchUp for ArchiCAD” Add-on, which is discontinued with ArchiCAD 13.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
As stated many times elsewhere this is a big disappointment for us Mac users.
I don't understand why the blame is put 100% on Google. Vectorworks (Mac) has been able to import sketchup since version 12 (2 VW versions ago)!
So what secret sauce are they using?? - they are your sister company?
Karl Ottenstein
amonle wrote:
As stated many times elsewhere this is a big disappointment for us Mac users.
I don't understand why the blame is put 100% on Google. Vectorworks (Mac) has been able to import sketchup since version 12 (2 VW versions ago)!
So what secret sauce are they using?? - they are your sister company?
Similarly, Piranesi 5.1 Mac interfaces beautifully with Google Warehouse, allowing any models to be inserted into a scene easily.

I have heard the reasons from Graphisoft ...and read the Google documentation that supports their reasoning ... but yet other companies somehow find ways around the Google limitations, so one has to wonder...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TMA_80
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
Google Earth Connections for ArchiCAD 13 replaces the “SketchUp for ArchiCAD” Add-on, which is discontinued with ArchiCAD 13.
it means the sketchup addons options (like converting surfaces into walls...etc) are now included in Google earth connexion !?
Vectorworks (Mac) has been able to import sketchup since version 12 (2 VW versions ago)!
not only that. but there used to be a mac version for ac9... ?
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Wokka
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

Google Earth Connection for ArchiCAD 13 is available for the 32-bit Windows version of ArchiCAD 13.64-bit and Mac versions are not available due to lack of Google API tools necessary to develop these functionalities.
Also disappointing for 64 bit Window users.
I've been waiting years for ArchiCad to 64 bit. I get 13, upgrade to a new machine and I don't get full functionality.... Bugger!

Lazlo, your post implies that 64 bit and mac versions won't be ever be supplied. Are google planning on developing the functions?

That's it! I'm never going to search again! That'll show those 'google' guys!
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, I just posted the info to let everyone know.
I have no further knowledge/info on these matters.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Laszlo,
The site has only one version, INT. Do we use this for the US version or is there a US version coming soon to a theater near us?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I got the info that other language versions are being worked on and will be coming. No exact date though.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
laszlonagy wrote:
Guys, I just posted the info to let everyone know.
I have no further knowledge/info on these matters.
I got the info that other language versions are being worked on and will be coming. No exact date though.
I don't mean to shoot the messenger here, Laszlo, but it does sound like you are able to get answers to at least some of our questions. So I don't think it's too much to ask for an official explanation of why GS does not provide SketchUp/Google Earth connections for their Mac users, especially in light of the fact that other Mac developers have done so. Thanks.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Erika wrote:
Laszlo,
The site has only one version, INT. Do we use this for the US version or is there a US version coming soon to a theater near us?
The English version has been apparently renamed International, so in this case all English-speaking folks should download the Int version, probably nothing imperial-metric-specific in it to cause any problems.