Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window bottom casing dropped with Library fix 3419.137

Geof Gainer
Booster
Just updated my library with fix v 3419.137, and now my bottom window casings have dropped a bit. is this my problem or the library's?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
7 REPLIES 7
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Geof,

Thanks for the report! You spotted a very ugly bug.

We think we made a fix for it and the fix will be released in a library update in January. Would you be interested in trying the fixed library part before the release? I could send you the fixed macro and you could put it into your library. It definitely wouldn't be an official release just a trial version for you.

What do you think?

We're very sorry about this regression bug:(

Best regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Geof Gainer
Booster
Sure -- let me know if you'd like me to test it in any particular way.

Thanks!
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Geof,

I'd appreciate if you could confirm that our changed fixed the problem in your practice.

I uploaded 2 files to this Web FTP Taxi:
https://webftp.graphisoft.com/quickupdown.html?code=KTZAWP1260984311

You can fix your library in two ways:
1. In case you have an extracted library, you can download 'Casing.gsm' and replace yours deep in the Macros folder.
2. In case you use a standard installed library, just load the uploaded LCF instead of the one in the installed package. You shouldn't overwrite your installed LCF file.

This LCF SHOULD NOT be used an official library update (it just fixes this special issue). The files will be removed automatically in a few days. A new USA library update will come in January...

Geof, thanks for the testing, I hope this quick fix serves as a better thank you 😉

Regards,
Zsolt Táskai
Geof Gainer
Booster
Just getting to this now.

In Library Manager, I took out ArchiCAD Library 13, and tried to add LIB13-USA-3419.137-HOTFIX1-MAC, but it was greyed out.

Not sure how to add the library part itself...?
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Geof wrote:
/.......Not sure how to add the library part itself...?
Geof, if you have the updated part, as I do, then first you have to extract your library
and follow the path
ArchiCAD 13 Library:MACROS 13:Base Macros 13:Casing.gsm
then replace the faulty part.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Geof Gainer
Booster
Ah, the old extracted library trick, eh? I feel like such a pro now.

All's well. Casing shows properly in elevation, section, and 3D.

Thanks all.
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thanks for checking!

USA Library Update 2 will be assembled and tested this week. I hope we can release it next week.

Regards,
Zsolt Táskai