BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

strange grid element tool behaviour

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm witnessing some strange behaviour regarding the grid element.

in placing on plan, they appear ok, and show ok in 3d window (with appropriate check box selected) however in section/elevation window, only select elements show, depending on their name. If i name them '1' or '2' they show up, as soon as i put in '3', '4' etc. or 'A', 'B', 'C' etc they disappear....!!!

I've had a quick look and can only find general info in the help files...nothing that would limit the naming of elements. Have also done a quick search of threads relating to this. It is not a teamwork file, elements have not been mirrored (and in any case, the only thing that i'm changing is the name).

BTW, i have downloaded update 3235 but haven't installed yet as it will also update the bim server and i'll have to update all workstations at the same time. I'll do that now to see if any change, however i opened a new and reset file to check and grid element behaviour seems ok. I have tried merging into a blank reset file, but am having issues there as well.

Any advice/explanation of this appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In the S/E settings you can filter which grid elements are visible on that particular S/E.

Make sure you have all stories and all grid names selected.

Also, if the grids are not perpenduicular to the section, they won't show up unless you set to show non perpendicular grids - again in the S/E settings.
Learn and get certified!