Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 13 updated hardware key

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am one of the unfortunate ones with a Power PC G5 desktop. If I upgrade the hardware key to use AC13 on my macbook pro, can I still use the key in my G5 to run the existing AC 12?

TIA
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
Chris, like Ralph I have no problem either.
Long shot when you installed Snow Leo did you also install Rosetta?
To be honest I don't recall - but I usually install everything - will check it out.

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
Chris, like Ralph I have no problem either.
Long shot when you installed Snow Leo did you also install Rosetta?
Seems I had not installed Rosetta seemed like it could be the answer so:

Reinstalled Snow Leopard including Rosetta and all 500 odd MB of updates

Reinstalled 7, 8 and 8.1

Reinstalled 5.30 WIBU-Key Driver

And low and behold

WIBU-KEY driver not found (501)

I did notice that the key driver was being placed on the Mackintosh HD and wonder if ArchiCAD is looking for it someplace else - anybody know.
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Chris,

Sorry this is still confounding you... and that you went to the trouble of re-installing OS X.

It is never necessary to install or re-install in order to get Rosetta. Yes, when you install SL, there is a custom button to have Rosetta installed at that time. But, OS X is smart enough to see a PPC program and dynamically download Rosetta from the Apple web site (it is tiny) if it has not been installed.

I'm pretty sure that your problem, Chris, is the WkMac.lib. It is essential for earlier versions, as noted on the page that I linked to before. There should not be any permissions issues, as you had found. If you are logged on as an administrator, and you get that message, then you may need to repair permissions (from Disk Utility), but basically you should have just been asked for an admin password in order to copy the file.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

You were dead on.

Permissions differ on "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -r--r--r-- .

Repaired "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default".

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Don't know what the last line means but it seems to be working.

Once I gave the password I added in the Library fix and I have lift off on 7, 8 and 8.1.

9 is still giving me a problem but my reseller is sending me a fix for that.

10 won't install, it locks up when it gets to the first install screen, it did load initially on my laptop so I think the disk is faulty and I've requested a new one.

Thank you all for the help and especially Karl, beats me how you get the time to read up on all these things.

After I have sorted out "Legacy" issues I think I will call it a day - 51 years at this game is long enough for anybody.

Kind regards.

CD
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
The Intel version of AC 10 is a download - it was the first version of AC native to Intel Macs.
Hi Chris,

It sounds from another thread as if you missed the sentence above. Here is a link to the downloadable version. No need to get a disk from your reseller. Once installed, Check for Updates/etc..

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/mactel.html

Best wishes,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

I did indeed miss it, I now have it downloaded and installed and will search for updates in the next few minutes.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

CD
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also had the problem with AC9 not finding the WIBU Key driver. I'm still on OS 10.5 Leopard. The instructions for the download for the WkMAC.LIB file refer only to Snow Leopard, but I downloaded and installed it regardless, (in the Library:CFMSupport folder per the instructions,) and that solved my problem. When installing it in the folder, I needed to use my administrator password.