Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

red lines in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
İs somebody able to tell me how to avoid these uggly red lines?
Thank you so much.
Philippe
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jean,

I'm guessing these are the opening lines. Look in the 3d settings in the object for 'display opening lines' or 'display operating lines' or something similar.

For more precise advice it would be useful to provide a little more information. What version of ArchiCAD and what library part are you using are the important details. From the way everything else is grey, you may even be using the curtainwall tool?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,
Sorry for the missing information. I'm working with Archicad 13 (french version) using the basic objets library 13.
Yes, these lines are the opening lines of the window. I didn't have this trouble with Archicad 10, the previous version I was using.
Following your instructions, it appears that I do not have such an option into the 3d objets settings (see attached file).
I have already tried to change all parameters of the objet itself but the red lines are "resisting"...
I have tried also other kinds of window objets. Same problem in 3d view.
Regarding your last question, the 3d is gray by purpose (gray paint & texture) at this stage of the project.
Thank you Peter.
parameters.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again Jean,

In AC13 these settings have been moved to the Model View Options and now apply to all doors and windows at once. See the attached image.

Hope that helps.
door_opening_lines1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great!!!
Thank you Peter. Still a long way before to learn everything about AC13.
I own you one...
Thanks again and good evening from magic Istanbul.