Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Synchro

Is this what happened to Constructor ?

http://www.synchroltd.com/

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

21 REPLIES 21
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
No, it can be found here.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
That link is for the old 2008 Constructor. There will be no 2009 or 2010 version of Constructor.

Thats why I ask if Syncro is why Vico has discontinued Constructor.
It looks a lot like it.

Perhaps Constructor is just on a different upgrade cycle. The ArchiCAD version it came with was always one version behind anyway.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Steve wrote:
That link is for the old 2008 Constructor. There will be no 2009 or 2010 version of Constructor.

The product features page highlights the features of a Vico Constructor 2009. And I highly doubt they would advertise Vico 2010 if the product doesn't exist yet, or is still in development.

Besides which, most of the features highlighted in the Constructor 2009 seem consistent with the flagship features of ArchiCAD 12 (Curtain Wall Tool, Multi-Core, Partial Features display etc etc). There are probably no AC13 features because as you noted Vico is usually a version behind ArchiCAD and secondly because there are likely no upgraded features of significance in AC13 that they would benefit from (apart for maybe 64-bit compatibility and CW tool improvements) - just goes to show you how "great" an upgrade AC13 was, with close to zero modelling tools improvements.

It's highly unlikely that Contractors and Vico users would benefit from the Teamwork 2.0 features.

And Synchro seems to be an entirely different product altogether. They were demonstrating it with Sketchup models and it seems geared toward that non-expert 3D modeling market niche of Construction engineers and Contractors who use basic Sketchup in getting to the 3D modeling world. Vico is not the only 4D/5D game in town.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
It's highly unlikely that Contractors and Vico users would benefit from the Teamwork 2.0 features.
Wrong again Brick, sorry.

Contractors and Vico users benefit hugely from TW2.

We have to model some pretty big buildings (currently on a 55.000m2 hospital), and using a 3 or 4 person team is a good way to do it.

TW2 functionality allow the team leader to assign roles on the go, and more importantly, make sure nobody introduces mistakes.

Even better, the ability to increase team size during modeling is a great way to make sure deadlines are met, so I would say that TW2 on ArchiCAD makes it, for now, the best modeling tool for contractors.

On that note, Constructor (which was ArchiCAD anyway) just disappeared, because VICO aims to be an open platform, allowing any model to be imported and linked.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Krippahl wrote:
On that note, Constructor (which was ArchiCAD anyway) just disappeared, because VICO aims to be an open platform, allowing any model to be imported and linked.
But doesn’t (didn’t) Constructor add significant construction oriented features to ArchiCAD, like the whole recipe thing? I understand from a North American standpoint the business rationale behind opening the Vico products to Revit models. But is seems a shame to abandon Constructor.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Krippahl wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
Wrong again Brick, sorry.

Contractors and Vico users benefit hugely from TW2
I wasn't looking for an argument Krippahl; I was merely confirming that Constructor 2009 does indeed exist as per the VICO website (here) in the product features list. The original poster was unaware as to whether or not there would be a Constructor 2009 or 2010. While I don't know about 2010 and while the ViCo website mentions nothing about discontinuing that particular product line (as far as I could tell), you can confirm the Constructor 2009 but for yourself by visiting the website.

And regarding the TW2.0 usefulness for contractors it's kind of a moot point either way isn't it? It doesn't exist in the current version of Constructor (2009) and Graphisoft have hardly marketed it as a tool beneficial to Contractors and neither have Vico (since they ostensibly don't have it in their Constructor version yet - Constructor always being a version behind the current ArchiCAD version). How you're using it in Constructor therfore is beyond me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
But doesn’t (didn’t) Constructor add significant construction oriented features to ArchiCAD, like the whole recipe thing? I understand from a North American standpoint the business rationale behind opening the Vico products to Revit models. But is seems a shame to abandon Constructor.
The new way VICO works is much more logical. You model wherever, and then link outside the modeler.

I think Constructor was a dead end, as soon as VICO split from GS.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
And regarding the TW2.0 usefulness for contractors it's kind of a moot point either way isn't it? It doesn't exist in the current version of Constructor (2009) and Graphisoft have hardly marketed it as a tool beneficial to Contractors and neither have Vico (since they ostensibly don't have it in their Constructor version yet - Constructor always being a version behind the current ArchiCAD version). How you're using it in Constructor therfore is beyond me.
Things being beyond you is not news.

I am not using Constructor, because Constructor does not exist any more.

I am using ArchiCAD, which is the new way VICO Office Suite works: by importing models from various modelers (Revit, Tekla and ArchiCAD for now, other to come soon).
http://www.vicosoftware.com/products/Vico-Office/tabid/85286/Default.aspx

And TW2 makes ArchiCAD a choice modeler for construction companies, because it gives them the power to model very big buildings on a tight schedule.

So, the point is not moot, and stating that "It's highly unlikely that Contractors and Vico users would benefit from the Teamwork 2.0 features." stems either from ignorance or purposeful disinformation.
Krippahl wrote:
Things being beyond you is not news.

I am not using Constructor, because Constructor does not exist any more.

So, the point is not moot, and stating that "It's highly unlikely that Contractors and Vico users would benefit from the Teamwork 2.0 features." stems either from ignorance or purposeful disinformation.
Okay Krippahl, You're Right. Is that what you want to hear?

I stated that according to the ViCo website, (here in full : http://www.vicosoftware.com/products/vico_constructor/features_and_benefits/tabid/84570/Default.aspx) a Constructor 2009 exists, and provided a link showing so. I also stated that according to that same page which lists the features, that same Constructor version does not have Teamwork 2.0.

According to the link I provided (here again!!!), how is any of the information I listed above, purposeful disinformation, ignorance or inaccurate? If the ViCo website is wrong then isn't the misinformation and error on their part and not mine? I did not misrepresent or lie about what is in that website, so what exactly is your problem with my post?

But like I said before I'm not looking for a fight with you.
So You're right. You're always right. Maybe that's what you want to hear.

Are we good now?

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!