Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Publish to DWG?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that in the past we did our layouts and put them in a publisher set and when we wanted to send to engineers to use as back grounds we changed the publication method to save and the file type to dwg. Then make sure the translator is set to export to model space, some other changes about layers, etc. The consultant then opened, maybe he had to explode the drawing for his uses, but that was it.

When I am trying this today, though, the files come into AutoCAD in model space which I want, but they are at the paper space scale. That is they are not just 1/12th actual size but if he layout is 1/8":1', for instance, that is how the dwg comes into AutoCAD. So 12' on the plan does not come in as 1'-0", or 12'-0" or even, 144'-0" but as 1 1/2" (which is 12 8th's)

Is it just that no one complained before and this is how they always exported? Or has something gone wrong in the translator settings and I just can't figure out what?

What I want to find is a translator or combination of translator settings that allows me to have my architectural layouts ready to print but when I pick a particular translator and push the "publish" button all the sheets are turned into 1 to 1 DWG files ready for the engineers. They should have to do no scaling to get them to work.

Is this possible or do I have to "save as" ever single view I want to send to the engineer?

If there is a way to do a publisher set of views, this might work too. I just don't want to have to manually "save as" dwg every single view.
1 REPLY 1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes, you can create a publisher set of views.

Perhaps you could post a shot of your DWG settings, open all tabs, so we can look at the problem you are having.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!