Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Finding .pln file written ArchiCAD Version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have two types of ArcheCAD7.0 .pln files one type is saved before ArchiCAD9.0 was installed on our systems and second types is saved after ArchiCAD9.0 was installed.

If I open the drawings with ArchiCAD9.0 of type one (drawings saved in ArcheCAD7.0 before ArchiCAD9.0 was installed) system is crashing. Other type of files no problem.

That is the reason I want to know which version of ArchiCAD (7, 9, 12, 13) saved that drawing.
Please any one tells me how do I find ArchiCAD version on which that .pln file was saved or how do I access Info & Preview page on the file properties on the windows?
Is there any classes, lib or dll available to get file written by (ArchiCAD Version)?

Ranga.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Ranga,

The AC File Open dialog tells you the version and build with which the file was last saved. See attached screenshot. Even though I am on Mac, it shows that the PLN was last saved with v 9 under Windows ("W") and build 1812...
Screen shot 2009-12-17 at 10.10.17 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
...and here's a shot of a file last saved with AC 7 build 1877 on Windows.

Not sure if that's what you meant?

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl Ottenstein,

Thanks for replay.

I can access version information by clicking the file properties in the windows and on the file open dialog. But, I want to access this information form apx, any application or any class(example FileInfo or FileVersionInfo classes from .net framework).

Is there any way can I access this information programmatically?.

Ranga
Karl Ottenstein
Oops. Sorry, I had not noticed that you were in the Developer Forum.

I've never looked into this from the API. Perhaps someone else knows.

Cheers,
Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any one have any ideas?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ranga wrote:
Is there any one have any ideas?
Sorry, no. I can only suggest looking at the API for the host operating system instead. There will be ways of extracting additional information from files, but I don't know if it will include the data you're seeking.
Ralph Wessel BArch