BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Google Earth Connection for ArchiCAD 13 available

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

Google Earth Connection for ArchiCAD 13 is available for the 32-bit Windows version of ArchiCAD 13. 64-bit and Mac versions are not available due to lack of Google API tools necessary to develop these functionalities.
Google Earth Connections for ArchiCAD 13 replaces the “SketchUp for ArchiCAD” Add-on, which is discontinued with ArchiCAD 13.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
13 REPLIES 13
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I'm sorry to ask again, BUT
laszlonagy wrote:
Google Earth Connections for ArchiCAD 13 replaces the “SketchUp for ArchiCAD” Add-on, which is discontinued with ArchiCAD 13.
Does it mean that the sketchup addons options (like converting surfaces into walls...etc) are now included in Google earth connexion !?
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
TMA_80
Enthusiast
ok; after some testings here the conclusion:

When the annoucement says " it replaces" the Sketchup plug-in" in fact it doesn't do it completely:

the Sketchup add-on was completley another thing.

actually; there were two SKP plugins:

1- the Sketchup plugin : which could "translate" sketchup surfaces into ArchiCAD elements (walls, slabs, roofs, levels; objects...etc.)

2- the Google Earth plugin : which existed along with the Skp one (since ac10 or 11); It could import skp files but as object only. and connect the model to google earth.

now, the first one has simply disapeared;not replaced; Its fonctionnalities are not included in the Google Earth plugin.

while i agree that the Skp addon was not perfect, and the two plugins have had some similar options. i thought they created an extended skp plugin BUT it's not the case.

PS: it could mean we would have conceptual modeling tools with AC14 or even before anyway, IMHO, ArchiCAD should always have the ability to translate skp model as with the "disapeared plugin"
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, I cannot help you with this question right now.
I have not used these Add-Ons much, so I don't know which features were added, changed, removed.

But as I see now, Ac13 German, French and Japanese versions are also available for download.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TMA_80
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
Sorry, I cannot help you with this question right now.
I have not used these Add-Ons much, so I don't know which features were added, changed, removed.

But as I see now, Ac13 German, French and Japanese versions are also available for download.
hi Laszlonagy !

Got my answer after some testings as i've said in my last post ;

the Sketchup addon features are not included in the Google Earth Plugin.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Learn and get certified!