Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

' Erase ' Tool in elevations ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have an elevation that I have unlinked from the 3D model, so that I can modify it and remove/add required lines that would normally look odd in a elevation.

I want to make these lines straight ( attached ) or at least erase then and draw on new ones. How can I erase part of a line and re-draw it, without deleting the whole component?

Also, when I unlink a elevation, I no longer have the option to change the elevation settings, so I now have to ensure all elevation settings are changed before unlinking the elevation from the model. Why is this ?

Thank You
3 REPLIES 3
Chris Grantham
Advocate
I would just draw a line perpendicular over what ever you want to erase and just use the trim tool.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Erika Epstein
Booster
NStocks wrote:
I want to make these lines straight ( attached ) or at least erase then and draw on new ones. How can I erase part of a line and re-draw it, without deleting the whole component?
You need to drag a copy of your elevation and edit the copy lines otherwise when you regenerate your section from the model the elements will be replaced and all your edits lost.
Re your 'line' isn't that really an arc?
NStocks wrote:
Also, when I unlink a elevation, I no longer have the option to change the elevation settings, so I now have to ensure all elevation settings are changed before unlinking the elevation from the model. Why is this ?
If you Rebuild from Model the changes will show.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok Thank you.

Is there a way in which I can rotate a section cut at all ? When I create a section through my model, it automatically cuts the lines at a 90 degree angles, however the components are each rotated at an angle of 12 degrees.

The image shows that parts of each segment is not visible to the the angle. I though that if you can rotate the section cut, it will counteract the angles and make a straight cut. I'm referring to the arc part of the section... if you follow it round you can see where the majority of the model is missing.

A suggestion was to draw over the lines to make each one join, but not all lines are visible so it's particularly easy or accurate to do so.

Thank You