Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork Libraries Not Loading

Anonymous
Not applicable
QUESTION 1:
Ok when I share the project I go Teamwork/Project/Share...
Then select the server. (ignore "denied" that part works now)

I have custom libraries made up of folders and .gsm objects (company libraries) so I click Custom then Libraries...
It shows me the current libraries loaded into the project...

Under the Action column by default all 3 libraries are defaulted to Don't Use...
I then select Upload and select the server and hit ok...
It gives me the error "Could not upload library, because a library with the same name already exists on the server!"...

This is somewhat true, it IS located on the server but not loaded in the BIM Server libraries

What am I doing wrong? I have admin rights to the server and the project as a user.

QUESTION 2:
If I try to manage the BIM server libraries from my computer and add say..Archicad 12 Migration Library....Notice below how it says the 13 library isn't loaded but when I check the BIM Server Control Center on the server it says the 13 library IS loaded...?

It gives me this error "Could not authenticate to server!"

..."Failed to upload container!"

QUESTION 3:...SOLVED
NOW all of a sudden it is saying "denied" next to the server name when I try manage BIM server libraries and gives me a warning "You must be a Server or Project administrator to use the manage BIM servers dialog"...lol this is crazy i just checked the BIM server control center and YES i do have admin rights....SOLVED

Any ideas? lol
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
Question 3 Solved! Restarted server

Still having problems with libraries though:

Have also tried resharing the project using the "Replace linked libraries with server libraries automatically"...when I do this then for some reason it unloads ALL the libraries...then when I try to go back and manage BIM server libraries and re add them it gives me an error again!
Erika Epstein
Booster
It sounds like you may not have first loaded the libraries you want to your BIM Server, but I am having trouble following you.

In question one, for example, you start to list, step by step, what you are doing but after line 3 you veer off into how you have your libraries in folders.

Why don't you post some screenshots?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've come to the conclusion that some of the ports the BIM server needs to use on my firewall or server are not open. That's why I am able to create and share a teamwork project and send/receive with no problem but when it comes to libraries they don't work. When I figure it out I'll let ya'll know. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
PROBLEMS FIXED!

Well I uninstalled Archicad on my station and uninstalled BIM server on the server and reinstalled both of them. Everything is working fine now. If everything is working fine then the problem is not with my network ports or firewall it is with the latest hotfix. I know this because before I installed the hotfix I created a teamwork project and everything worked fine.

Is anyone else having problems sharing projects with the latest hotfix??
AC13-3235-HOTFIX2-WIN32.exe
LIB13-USA-3419.137-WIN.exe

I'm not sure if it is with the Archicad update or the library update though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just verifed my last post, i just installed the latest hotfixes and now i'm back to square one again :(.......no libraries loading upon sharing NEW projects....however the project i created before the hotfixes still has the libraries loaded but won't allow me to add new libraries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
uninstalled and reinstalled everything again...not using the latest hot fixes and everything works fine again! Someone tell me whats going on....please
Anonymous
Not applicable
trbopwr79 wrote:
uninstalled and reinstalled everything again...not using the latest hot fixes and everything works fine again! Someone tell me whats going on....please
We have come across the same issue. We thought it was a problem between the PC BIM Server and the Mac client, however now we have everything on a mac operating system and are still unable to see the BIM Server Libraries... UNLESS you specify IP Address instead of the Bim Server Name.

This has all occurred with the latest hotfix.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have the same problem hewre at the office but running a MAC server and a PC workstation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Same problem here on last hotfix on MAC Server (cannot upload any library to BIM Server) but not if we install BIM Server in a "normal" Mac without MAC OS Server (it works perfectly…).
Some ideas ?