Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

" ArchiCAD Educational Version " logo on printouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

This is the first time I've printed from ArchiCAD and I've noticed that in the top right corner, there is the Arhicad text with the text " Educational version' with it.

I've seen this happen to fellow students, who use AutoCAD and the tutors do not like it. They've showed us how to remove it in Adobe Acrobat, by cropping the margins but then you will loose the scale and it's another step to take on each page.

Is there anyway within ArchiCAD to remove this text, as it's really obvious i.e not a watermark and the University will not accept work with this on it, which is kinda wrong since they know it will be a educational version and we are in a educational environment etc.

Thank You
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
This seems pointless and arrogant on the part of the University. Is the mark so distracting that the Profs can't judge the quality of the work? Architecture school is hard enough without imposing unnecessary hardship right at the crunch time of getting the drawings out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
This seems pointless and arrogant on the part of the University. Is the mark so distracting that the Profs can't judge the quality of the work? Architecture school is hard enough without imposing unnecessary hardship right at the crunch time of getting the drawings out.
I know and this is just one of the things they pick at. To be fair i think my tutor is a little harsh on everything we do, she doesn't understand that it takes months for architects in training to learn CAD well and we've only been doing it for a few weeks.

It seems to be across each student that are having similar reactions to this though hence why they briefly showed it in a lecture. It is as you say, pathetic that they can't just ignore the small writing and accept the fact that GS and autodesk ( for most students )want to publish this ( and rightly so as I've not paid for it)

I've found a solution to get around this now, which includes cropping.
stefan
Expert
It is a shame, since the mark proves you're using legal software!

I know the marks are not loved by students, but I guess this is the 'price' you pay for having the software freely available.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to set my Masters to A2 size overall with an A3 border central to the page. Then when you print from PDF without scaling (ie. at 100%) centered on an A3 sheet, offending text is cropped.
Anonymous
Not applicable
well you can open the pdf in corel draw and remove that text in 3 moves. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
All you need to do is open the .pdf file in Illustrator and click on the Graphisoft sign and press 'delete' then ta da, its gone!