Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Modo Rendering Examples

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an ArchiCAD model mixed with some content and additional modeling in Modo. Renderings took about 3 hours each at 1700x1000 pixels. Modo ROCKS!

Kitchen A

Kitchen B
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
Super!
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
andrewzarb
Booster
Superb
Rakela Raul
Participant
very nice !! but 3 hrs is 1/2 a day !! it wouldnt work for me..... but the envy is there !!
thanks for sharing info
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Erika Epstein
Booster
Wow, these are great!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
KeesW
Advocate
Excellent renderings! Modo is cheaper than Artlantis and makes it look ordinary. How does one interface with Archicad?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do most of your textures in ArchiCAD and then export via OBJ (Wavefront). Import into Modo and material groupings will be recognized. You can then drag and drop Modo textures much like Artlantis. The benefit is that you can also model, sculpt, animate and create uv maps inside modo. It takes a while to learn, but the company is stellar and off lots of affordable training materials. It's my new favorite program.
Anonymous
Not applicable
3 Hours seems a bit too high for those images on an 8 Core mac.
I don't use Modo but I would guess that your lighting is what's slowing things down.
Do all your lights have very high area shadow settings?

Cian.
Anonymous
Not applicable
VERY nice
Have you tried it with large models?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cian,

I might have the settings pushed up a bit here or there, but I think the time for a 2500 pixel image is pretty fast. I do have displacement going on for the grooves in the cabinet faces as well as 8-10 lights in the ceiling. Certainly a smaller image will some adjustments to lighting quality could still yield a nice image in under an hour.

Matthew,

I plan to work on a rendering for a 40 story high rise in Japan in the coming weeks. I will post my results and comment on the process. I expect it should be fine though. Modo can feel light on its feet with large models as compared to ArchiCAD.