Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

archicad 13 bim user user log in failure.

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Teamwork 13 my user name won't load. I get a system error and it throws me out. If I use a different user name (someone else - even on my machine) I am fine. So I changed my user name slightly and about a week later, this new user name is doing the same thing. I tried deleting the user names and then remaking them on the bim server but I still get the error. Is there a way of 'recovering' the user for use again?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I first set up the BIM Server, I had user name issues shortly thereafter for unknown reasons. It got to a point where my BIM Server adminstration user name wouldn't even connect to the BIM Server despite showing up on the list.

After making two modifications, that issue has not returned (yet, knock on wood). First, we installed the latest hotfix. Have you done that? If not, try that first and make sure BOTH your BIM Server and ArchiCAD programs have the hotfix installed because different builds between the two will not connect. On a side note, if you could kindly update your profile listing the ArchiCAD versions and builds you are working from, that would answer this question in future references. Take a look at my signature for example and others who list ArchiCAD versions as well as computer information.

The other modification was disabling one of the two active network interfaces to the computer/server. Don't ask me what that meant - our IT person caught that from the BimServer Configuration Checklist.

Again, I cannot confirm if either of these two modifications will solve your problem. But, it won't hurt to try and perhaps some of the more IT-intelligent posters here may follow up my post with their own comments? HTH.