Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Disappearing dimensions

kevin b
Contributor
We have several people in the office have dimensions that disappear.

The problem seems to fix itself when closing out of AC12 and relaunching it. The problem is that many times people will see there are no dimensions, put dimensions into the drawing only to find a double set of dimensions when the file is reopened.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone else think this is the buggiest release of ArchiCAD in a long time?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kevin,

Has it happened to you in teamwork? I have only had it happen to me while in teamwork. I've gone through every possible thing that might be wrong (all the previous suggestions) and that's not it. Seems to be a bug. I have not had it happen since the las update, but then I have not done a teamwork project since then either...

I went through the list of bugs that were fixed with the last update and saw nothing about this problem, but maybe it has worked out.
kevin b
Contributor
Yes it was in teamwork, and I have been in Teamwork since with no issues...yet.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
We have been experiencing the same problem since moving to AC12, and (so far) it seems to be isolated to TW files. Dimensions are disappearing in Detail windows, which I think strange since they contain 2D info and are not automatically updated from the model. Was there ever any resolution to this issue? Constantly re-dimensioning details is a real bummer...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
kevin b
Contributor
We have since moved on to AC13 and haven't seen it. Also, back when I last posted, we had just done a hotfix and if I recall back then it seemed to have resolved the problem. Sorry not sue what hotfix we were on at the time, although I will say we usually install the hotfixes within a few days of release and my last post said we had just installed it so I would assume it was whatever one was release mid to end of Oct 2008. Hope that helps.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Well, we're current on the hotfixes, so that's not the solution (to our problem, anyway) -- thanks for the response.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
As Kevin noted, I have not see it happen in AC13 teamwork (yet!).
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same issue in our office in our TW files. It occurs in details mostly but one group has claimed it happened in their plans as well.

We have also had walls disappear on us but I'm not sure if that is a related issue.

We work in AC11 and are up-to-date on all library and hotfixes.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Anonymous
Not applicable
APD wrote:
Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Besides switching to AC13? No.....