Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

no printer driver

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I just got my 27" iMac (first-time mac user). So far everything is going smoothly, with one exception. Apparently, no snow leopard drivers are available for my canon mp730. Does this mean I have to buy a new printer, or are there other options?

Thanks
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
5 REPLIES 5
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Stephen wrote:
I just got my 27" iMac (first-time mac user). So far everything is going smoothly, with one exception. Apparently, no snow leopard drivers are available for my canon mp730. Does this mean I have to buy a new printer, or are there other options?
There's a Canon Pixma MP730 driver listed amongst the drivers in Snow Leopard - is that the printer you're looking for?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I don't see that one listed. I went to Canon's site and didn't find it, either.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Stephen wrote:
I don't see that one listed. I went to Canon's site and didn't find it, either.
I see it listed - refer to the attached image. Snow Leopard doesn't install all printer drivers by default, although it should be able to dynamically install as required. Does the printer show up when you browse for a printer to add?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Ralph,

Mine is not the Pixma-just the MP730. I see MP750, MP760, etc. Maybe it's considered too old to support. Too bad, because it still works fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As per my experience you can first download canon mp730 drive download and then you can check your printer perfectly working or not. Many times another printer driver supported that another series printer.