Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair landings/slabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm designing a straight concrete stair that ends (at the top) on a concrete straight landing (object) with the same width as the stair. I have my floor plan cut plane set to 1.1m and my stair is finely cut as intended in the floor plan. However, the stair landing insist on being visible on the 2D plan view even if it's above the floor plan cut height. I've also tried with a slab but the problem persists. The only workaround i've been able to find is to use a flat concrete roof slab so it appears dashed as the upper part of the stair that's above floor plan cut height. How can i solve this by using a slab or a stair landing (as it is supposed to be)?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
gassis:

You should be able to use a Slab. In the Slab dialog box, under Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories will determine on which stories the slab will be shown. Then under Project Preferences > Construction Elements you can control the line type for this element when it is above or below the element's home story. These settings do not use the Floor Plan Cut Plane.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gassis,

If I understand it correctly you do not wish to see the landing in plan at all, so I would suggest a new layer ie Slab_over & have it turned off in Plan but on in your other required views.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I've figured out how to control the appearance of slabs or even object in this case. The slab or landing (object) must have its home story above the floor plan and set it to show on home and story below, that way the landing appears dashes as intended.

Thank you